Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

I want to purchase an mp3 player but there are so many

choices out there. I spend allot of time on my pc since my work is on my pc. I listen to yahoo music allot. I like to watch the videos.Anyhow, I was looking at the mp3 they recommend. The creative zen vision:m looks good. Okay, so here's why I want the mp3 player: I want to start going to the gym or atleast start walking. I want to get an mp3 that I can strap on my arm or place in my pocket or something. Yahoo seems to be the least expensive subscription service. I use to download songs from peer to peer websites to my pc but that scares me now. So, any thoughts on what I should look for? Yahoo gives glowing reviews for creative zen m and even directs you to a website that says cnet gives it raves. But when I went to cnet on my own, I couldn't find the same info. Ugh, this is so frustrating and confusing. If i'm going to spend that much money on something I want it to be worth it. Help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I want to purchase an mp3 player but there are so many
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I want to purchase an mp3 player but there are so many
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here's the Creative Zen Vision:M review on CNET

In reply to: I want to purchase an mp3 player but there are so many

It got an Editor's Choice.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Creative_Zen_Vision_M_30GB_black/4505-6490_7-31632696.html?tag=pop

But, do you really need to have a that large of a player? And are you really going to watch videos on such a tiny screen? Sure, you can use a hard-drive based player at the gym or while walking. And you can strap it to your arm.

Have you considered a flash-based player? They're a lot smaller and because they're flash-based, no moving parts. And they come in capacities upto 8GB.

Some examples (these support subscriptions, so no iPod):
Creative Zen V Plus:
http://reviews.cnet.com/Creative_Zen_V_Plus_4GB_black/4505-6490_7-31960038.html?tag=pdtl-list

Sandisk Sansa e200 series:
http://reviews.cnet.com/SanDisk_Sansa_e260R_Rhapsody_4GB/4505-6490_7-32102348.html

If you don't care to view photos and videos, the Creative Zen Nano Plus:
http://reviews.cnet.com/Creative_Zen_Nano_Plus_1GB_Black/4505-6490_7-31398481.html

I don't own any of these players, so I can't tell you from personal experience how these players sound. And I'm not an audiophile either.
I own several iPods - 30GB video and 4GB pink Nano, among others. I use the smaller and lighter Nano more often than the Video, especially when I work out.

I just wanted to give you something to think about. I hope I didn't confuse you any further.

Collapse -
My suggestion..

In reply to: Here's the Creative Zen Vision:M review on CNET

Well I have a Creative Zen Vision M.. I love it and consider it as the best out there.. The video quality is stunning matching the HD specs... And the audio is also terrific.. Well but seeing your requirements i too think you must go with a flash-based player.. Buy a player that fulfills your needs.. I dont take my zen to a Gym.. I travel in trains and my zen has become my best friend to kill time.. My journeys seem to be shorter now.. And i also wanted a video player so the best choice was ZVM.. But your need seems to be different.. If you wasnt a player for your work outs and songs then the best choice is a lighter and smaller player.. I would recommend the Sansa e series... It comes in 2, 4, and 8 GB.. Playes very good music, Subscription audio, photos and videos.. Its light, small and would serve the purpose very well. The ipod nano is also a very good option.. The Zen V-plus series is also a very good option.. See the reviews and make a short research on them and more importantly sort out you priorities.. See whats your top priority and select a player accordingly..

But if your are really passionate about gadgets and fell in love with the Vsion M then go for it and i'll can suggest a way out.. you can also get the Sansa C series players for real cheap.. use that during work outs..

Have fun and good luck with your shopping..

Collapse -
Sounds like you need a flash player vs. a hard drive type

In reply to: I want to purchase an mp3 player but there are so many

How many songs would you like to hold, and how much do you want to spend?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.