PC Hardware forum

General discussion

i want to know if i can watch cable tv in my pc monitor.

by 27w / October 31, 2009 9:58 AM PDT

i find a highspeed dvd maker to plug in my computer usb and i try to see if works to watch tv in my monitor but no. no work this way. somebody know how to do that.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: i want to know if i can watch cable tv in my pc monitor.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: i want to know if i can watch cable tv in my pc monitor.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by leangvn / November 1, 2009 2:33 PM PST

You have to buy a tv-card if you want to watch the same as on the tv. If you want HD-TV, then you will have to have a card with hd decoder and hdmi-cable from your cabl-tuner.

Collapse -
what if...
by 27w / November 3, 2009 12:46 PM PST

i was thinking to connect the coaxial cable that bring the signal directly to my monitor dv1 but i can not find such cable or adapter..what you think.maybe works or not.

Collapse -
No, it won't work.
by ahtoi / November 4, 2009 12:31 AM PST
In reply to: what if...

and I don't think there are such adapters out there. If you find a tuner with dvi/hdmi then you be set. Good luck.

Collapse -
by leangvn / November 5, 2009 2:42 PM PST

There is a small scart connector with a swtich in/out. It has two sets of connections. SPDIF for screen in-out and older type that needs adapters to fin in mini-jack. (The yellow) Using that you should be able to use the tv's tuner and your pc-screen as a monitor.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
Laptops 20,411 discussions
Security 30,882 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
Phones 16,494 discussions
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions


Samsung Galaxy S8's major makeover

This year's flagship phone gets a sexy new design and Bixby, a house-made digital assistant.