General discussion

I want a cell phone which works in India

Hi,
I am looking for a cell phone which works in India. Is Motorola v300 works in India?

Also, where can I find good deals for these cell phones?

I do not want to take any service plans.

thanks,
Krushi

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I want a cell phone which works in India
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I want a cell phone which works in India
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: I want a cell phone which works in India

I think V300 will in India as it is International phone: Tri band (1900, 1800, 900 MHz). I think in India they use 900/1800 frequency. You can buy just the phone without any plan from phone wholesalers.

- Collapse -

Buy any GSM Triband or GSM 900 phone. In India they use this (not 1800 as suggested by yehong).
One of the places where you can buy phones without service plans is expansys.com
Hope this helps.

- Collapse -

Both 900 and 1800 bands ARE in use in India!

CNET Forums