HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

I've got a little list...

by EdHannigan / September 6, 2008 9:16 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I've got a little list...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I've got a little list...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Thanks for spreading them some more?
by JP Bill / September 6, 2008 10:06 AM PDT
Collapse -
Somone else was bound to do it..
by EdHannigan / September 6, 2008 10:09 AM PDT

as we have seen.

Collapse -
Somone else was bound to do it..
by JP Bill / September 6, 2008 10:13 AM PDT

If you waited until they did, you could complain about the lies AND you could complain about them spreading them.

A 2 for 1 sale.

Collapse -
Your idea, you go for it.
by EdHannigan / September 6, 2008 10:21 AM PDT

This post untracked.

Collapse -
(NT) It looks like he figured out Dan's plan too !!!!!
by critic411 / September 6, 2008 10:28 AM PDT
Collapse -
My plan?
by Dan McC / September 6, 2008 1:37 PM PDT

Were there any items on the list that I've commented about?

I stopped reading it because so many were unsourced regarding who in the major media ever made them and the supporting statements were conjecture or unsourced as well.

Dan

Collapse -
Major media...
by EdHannigan / September 6, 2008 1:56 PM PDT
In reply to: My plan?

is that your out? Your plausible deniability?

You know of course that these smears have been done via the leftist websites like Kos and Michael Moore and a myriad of Obama surrogates, to an extent abetted by the Obama campaign itself, which links to some of the stories. It's spread via e-mail and so forth.

The major media has been somewhat complicit but they are not the vanguard.

You can pretend it hasn't happened and isn' t happening all you want. That is your right. Very nasty folks these Democrats.

Collapse -
OK.
by Dan McC / September 6, 2008 9:50 PM PDT
In reply to: Major media...

Could you point me to examples of your suspected attacks on the outlets you've mentioned?

Thanks,

Dan

Collapse -
Not playing your game...
by EdHannigan / September 6, 2008 9:53 PM PDT
In reply to: OK.

Thanks.

Collapse -
(NT) About our little sweetheart? Shame on the perps!
by drpruner / September 6, 2008 1:45 PM PDT
Collapse -
Shame?
by EdHannigan / September 6, 2008 1:57 PM PDT

they have none.

Collapse -
(NT) But can she face the Heat of the Oval Office?
by Angeline Booher / September 6, 2008 11:51 PM PDT
Collapse -
Easily.
by EdHannigan / September 6, 2008 11:53 PM PDT

Why not?

The question is, can Obama?

I doubt it.

Collapse -
Then why the concern about the little list?
by Angeline Booher / September 6, 2008 11:58 PM PDT
In reply to: Easily.

One can either take the heat or one can't.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
It shows how desperate and despicable her detractors are...
by EdHannigan / September 7, 2008 12:07 AM PDT

Has ZERO to do with her taking heat. She's handled it admirably, while the opposition is in fear and panic.

Collapse -
I don't deny that she has.
by Angeline Booher / September 7, 2008 12:19 AM PDT

For that very reason it is important that this treating her as if she is a puppy needing protection should stop.

She positioned herself as a pit bull, but the decision by those around her to h send out signals that she is so vulnerable to need protection and incapable of handling amd bumps along the way is damaging.

You as a male might see that as a gentlemanly approach, but I see it as a signal that this lady , for all of her strengths, still might not be strong enough exude strength to world leaders.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
No one is treating her....
by EdHannigan / September 7, 2008 12:32 AM PDT

as a puppy who should be protected. Where do you get that?

the decision by those around her to h send out signals that she is so vulnerable to need protection and incapable of handling amd bumps along the way is damaging.

What decision was that? Made by whom? Can you support that charge?

Is it okay that the opposition is spreading lies and smearing her and her family?

Should no one object to that?

She might have positioned herself as a "pit bull" but that is not license to attack her daughter or her baby, is it?

What on earth does this have to do with her fitness for office?

Collapse -
to put it bluntly
by jonah jones / September 7, 2008 12:41 AM PDT

the lady has put her head on the block (along with any other candidate in the race) and people (rightly or wrongly) will do their best to chop it off

that's the way it goes.....

IMO, it's just a waste of time spreading or repeating all the stories you hear/read

life is good....

Collapse -
Absolute nonsense...
by EdHannigan / September 7, 2008 12:47 AM PDT
In reply to: to put it bluntly

There are rules of behavior that make the society fun. Continued lying about a person breaks the rules. Pointing out the lies and smears is perfectly valid. She has been hammered to an unprecedented degree.

Obama's troops get all bent out of shape when anyone says peep against him.

You are defending the indefensible? IMO, that is the waste of time.

Collapse -
defending the indefensible?
by jonah jones / September 7, 2008 12:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Absolute nonsense...

sheesh!

go find a wind mill

Collapse -
Very well reasoned.
by EdHannigan / September 7, 2008 1:03 AM PDT

You ARE defending the indefensible. And you can't even defend that.

Pathetic.

Collapse -
and you are helping to spread it
by jonah jones / September 7, 2008 1:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Very well reasoned.

if you had the sense you were born with, you would see that my post described the status quo of the political "stage"...

good, bad or indifferent, love it or leave it, that's what you have!

you posting your little list is, IMO, the equivalent of the old codgers who sit by the stove and mumble and grumble and spit on the floor, and there will always be the one who says "didja hear?........."

and god forbid that you accuse him of helping to spread the slime a little more...

Collapse -
if you had the sense you were born with
by EdHannigan / September 7, 2008 1:32 AM PDT

Clearly you don't.

Collapse -
Is it a Moderators role to insult members?
by EdHannigan / September 7, 2008 1:40 AM PDT

I would not have thought so. Your criticisms are completely invalid anyway. You just didn't get it (and hardy the first time).

WHY are you a Mod here?

Collapse -
is it a members role to insult moderators?
by jonah jones / September 7, 2008 1:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Very well reasoned.

or other members?

*sigh*
deja-vu all over again

Collapse -
Good non-answer....
by EdHannigan / September 7, 2008 1:57 AM PDT

My question stands.

Collapse -
re: Continued lying about a person breaks the rules
by grimgraphix / September 7, 2008 2:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Absolute nonsense...

You mean lies like... let's say... a person's religion or their citizenship status ?

Collapse -
There is a difference between lies and questions....
by EdHannigan / September 7, 2008 3:29 AM PDT

both those things ARE legitimate questions that have not been answered in Obama's case.

And as far as we know the McCain campaign itself has not been involved in this kind of thing (though it appears the Hillary Clinton campaign may have been during the primaries). The Obama website has linked to some of these stories.

BUT, has anyone accused Obama's wife of faking a pregnancy for example to cover for a pregnant daughter, or of endangering her child in the womb, or of her husband having sex with her daughter? The magnitude has been way, way more against Palin than Obama.

It's clearly an instance of running scared.

Collapse -
re: not been answered
by grimgraphix / September 7, 2008 3:45 AM PDT

Obama says he is Christian but his word is not good enough to settle the question.

Palin says the baby was not her daughter's and her word is good enough to settle the question.

It is clearly an instance of fostering a double standard.

The reality is that both questions are ridiculous. The fact that you validate the one while decrying the other speaks to you willingness to sustain the atmosphere of mud slinging. Shame on you.

Collapse -
No
by EdHannigan / September 7, 2008 3:53 AM PDT
In reply to: re: not been answered

You are wrong. Obama has said things about his religious upbringing that contradict known facts. I don't claim he is not a Christian, just that it is a legitimate question given what is known. There is NO evidence of any kind to support the rumors about Palin's daughter, etc.

Obama could very easily put to rest any question of his citizenship and yet has not done so. Why?

And of course you have conveniently ignored ther rest of what I said in my post.

Shame on you.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.