Question

I've Done It Before but Forget How.....

When you'd like a Refund for a program you bought, Do you contact your credit card bank first, and do they authorize you to go ahead an uninstall the program? Or do you have to wait for your next monthly statement?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I've Done It Before but Forget How.....
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I've Done It Before but Forget How.....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I'd think you first approach the software company

or at least check their refund policy or that from whom you purchased the product. Your credit card company tends to only be a resource if you do not receive an acceptable response from your first lines of contact. They are your last hope and not first. When I've had to do this, my credit card company wanted evidence that I had properly approached the seller, was within their stated terms and that they had refused support for my claim. The credit card company may also contact the merchant to verify the details of the transaction. This is because the credit card company also has a vested interest in customer satisfaction. They don't want to accept charges from merchants who cause trouble to them. It costs them to deal with shady operations so credit card companies don't want their business either. Go to the purchase place first and the credit card company as a last resort. Good luck.

- Collapse -
Right You Are, Thanks

Gotcha. It may be a bit hard to find the Contact address for Uniblue, and maybe even for Driver Update, which I liked better. bit I'll try again to do it that way. Just couldn't remember. Thanks again.

- Collapse -
Received Notice of Refund for One of the Two

The good news, Uniblue sent me a notice of Refund already. Waiting 48 hrs to hear from Driver Update before I mark this as solved and remove it from my Tracking list, then try to Reinstall printer direct from HP. Something could still go wrong. Have a nice day.

CNET Forums