i've 6 partitions, but after much analysing of reason n use, n to have fewer but necessary partitions, i came up the following on my Dell Laptop:
1) VFAT - Dell Recovery and System SW(combined to support CMOS)
2) NTFS - MS Windows XP & Programs
3) NTFS - Data & Installation files
4) LINUX SWAP - Extra memory space for Ubuntu Linux
5) EXT3 - Ubuntu Linux & Programs
6) Linux Home, ie Data & Installation files for linux, though i sometimes do also use No 3 (NTFS) but just to avoid any risks.
and with this, u never lose nor quite risk losing data, n still experiment n store without any fear.
Best Black Friday Deals
CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.