i've 6 partitions, but after much analysing of reason n use, n to have fewer but necessary partitions, i came up the following on my Dell Laptop:
1) VFAT - Dell Recovery and System SW(combined to support CMOS)
2) NTFS - MS Windows XP & Programs
3) NTFS - Data & Installation files
4) LINUX SWAP - Extra memory space for Ubuntu Linux
5) EXT3 - Ubuntu Linux & Programs
6) Linux Home, ie Data & Installation files for linux, though i sometimes do also use No 3 (NTFS) but just to avoid any risks.
and with this, u never lose nor quite risk losing data, n still experiment n store without any fear.
Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly
Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?