General discussion

I think there is a printer sabotager in my house.

I have three printers and not a one works properly. One is an HP Photosmart C4480 (all-in-one) which prints for my Mac OS X, 10.6.3. It was working OK for a while and now it only prints blacke. Even pictures come out black. I have bought new cartridges and downloaded the latest software.

The next PC. is a Dell Dimension 2400 using WINXP I pretty much rebuilt after hurricane Charlie got through with it. Anyway, I have a Kodak, Easyshare (all in-one) printer with that and it won't do anything with black. It will print in colour but looks very much like a negative. New cartridges installed and the latest software downloaded.

I bought a used printer to help me get by while I tried to solve my problems. It's an H.P deskjet 5650. I invested in two new cartridges and plugged it into my IBM Laptop Thinkpad. Strange thing is, it will print a beautiful HP in blue at thebottom of the page and hp deskjet 5600 , www.hp.com
at the top.

I should mention that a while ago I had them all wirelessed and could print on one printer from all three. Trouble stared when we bought the Mac which I hate! I'm quite good with windows although both of my othe PC's are running WinXP> Apart from being frustrating, it's getting expensive and my computer illiterate husband is sure that I am the problem.

If have always thought that most of you moderators are geniuses and hope someone can advise me.

Thanks, hopefully,

Val Fasig

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I think there is a printer sabotager in my house.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I think there is a printer sabotager in my house.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Let me put a new color cart into my HP c4780.

It has no color. Just a few minutes to install and do the alignment.

And now it prints color again. This model sure eats ink.

But your issue sounds like something else. I don't see what it is unless someone has been tinkering with printer settings. Sorry I think we need Karnac.
Bob

- Collapse -
My 3 computer printers

Thank you for your suggestions. The HPP 4480 is fixed. I, again, uninstalled and reinstalled the software and that did it. It won't, however, do it for my other two. I'll keep trying. My husband's accusing me of being obsessed. Well, at least the one he uses is better!

Thanks again! Valerie

- Collapse -
Printer issues

Assuming that you uninstalled and re installed the software(s) and still have/had the same issues? Of course the Mac is going to USE different software (usually a separate CD). Also, what are the operating systems on the PC'S?

- Collapse -
# computers.

Two have windows XP and one has the Mac Safari. I did download the the latest software for the Mac version. Still not having luck. I can print letters and other data on the H.P C4480 but pictures ae still printing black!

CNET Forums

Forum Info