Cameras forum

General discussion

I think i have narrowed it down

by rgw825 / December 27, 2007 9:33 AM PST

I think i have narrowed it down to 2 choices. That's if i don't change my mind again lol.

Either the Canon Powershot A570 or the Panasonic LZ7

Pluses for each:

They both have Optical Image Stabilisation.

The A570 has a viewfinder that i am still debating if i really need it or not. It also has Manual Controls that i will probably never use. I like things simple, just point and shoot. But it's nice just to know they are there.

I hear they both have good image quality. But when it comes to low light, different sites and message boards say different things. One message said the A570 was better in low light. Another said that the LZ7 was terrible in low light. And finally cameras.co.uk said about the LZ7 "Both my indoor tests in lower light produce good results". Maybe i'm worrying too much about Low Light and my pictures will look ok with either camera.

The LZ7 silver edition i think just looks nicer and slicker than the A570. The black version it growing on me too. It's slick like a caddilac lol.

And with the LZ7 you load the SD card in the side of the camera instead of the battery compartment which i find a major plus.

So i'm sort of leading towards the LZ7 but i am wondering if i can live without all the extras of the A570.

It's such a tough choice. I still have about a week to think about it. If everything goes my way i'll have my new camera by then.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I think i have narrowed it down
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I think i have narrowed it down
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A720IS?
by AndyfromVA / December 27, 2007 9:39 AM PST

Have you considered the Canon A720IS? I was thinking about the A570 and LZ7 also, but in my opinion the A720 has both of them beat in terms of image quality, lens sharpness and handling (the A720IS has great ergonomics). It's only about $40 more than those other two cameras.

Collapse -
$150 is my limit
by rgw825 / December 27, 2007 9:58 AM PST
In reply to: A720IS?

$150 is my limit. I'm on a strict budget unfortunatly.

Collapse -
Burst Mode
by rgw825 / December 28, 2007 10:47 AM PST
In reply to: $150 is my limit

Does anybody have any info on how the Burst Mode of the A570 and the Unlimited consecutive shooting mode of the LZ7 compare? Is one faster than the other?

It sounds like a feature i would have fun with.

Collapse -
Burst Mode
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / December 28, 2007 10:32 PM PST
In reply to: Burst Mode
Collapse -
Woo Hoo
by rgw825 / January 4, 2008 6:18 AM PST
In reply to: Burst Mode

I put in my order today for the LZ7(Black Model). I'm just so excited lol. I can't believe i am acting this way over a camera Happy But it won't even ship till Monday or Tuesday Sad

My only dilemma was ordering it from J&R Music or Vann's (via Amazon), Both had it for the same price and both have gotten good feedback from reviewers. I picked Vann's since they just now put it on sale. I heard on occasion J&R will list things in stock when it isn't and Vann's would probably have plenty if their sale just started.

I wish i could of afforded a more expensive model like the TZ3 but i'm sure i'll still take some awesome pics with it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.