- You say you suspect a virus, but you don't tell why.
- You're rather mysterious when you say "20 Jan 2016, was last day computer was protected from an attack previously resolved end Dec. 2015." What does that mean?
- You have no virus protection now. So apparently you had and you uninstalled it. What did you have and why did you uninstall it?
- What are "these two"?
- You want to clean up something, but what is that something?
Usually, if you have a virus and your own antivirus doesn't remove it and the usual CD-based antivirus (do those exist for a Mac?) doesn't either, or after removing it the system is dysfunctional, then you reinstall the OS from scratch (after backing up everything you don't want to lose).
Late 2012 MacBook Pro OS X, (10.11.2) installed 20 Jan 2016.
20 Jan 2016, was last day computer was protected from an attack previously resolved end Dec. 2015. No Virus protection now.
Prior to these two never had any problems in over a couple decades. I am not an internet surfer, i am usually in safe sites info.
Want to know:
1) if there are any remedies I can take, any software I can install, after deleteing irrelevant items from system or program that will clean it up? and keep after any potential problems?
2) or do I have to take the computer out and have it swept?
3) or reback up my data, then remove and reinstall all programs on my clean computer?
I need the computer yesterday but not at the expense of spreading a or viruses which is presumed, highly.