TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

I purchased a millinium sound labs product

by wily5150 / November 10, 2006 6:35 PM PST

I bought a MSL-7700R home theater 5.1 system. My question is, has anyone ever heard of this system? I can't find anything online about this product. I have learned that they produce top of the line products, but I can't find their complete systems. Please get back to me. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I purchased a millinium sound labs product
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I purchased a millinium sound labs product
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same Issue; Millenium Sound Labs MSL-7700R
by rwj816 / February 25, 2007 8:40 AM PST

Hey man,

I have the exactl same inquiries about this product as well. I also recently purchased 3 of these MSL-7700R speaker systems, although I do believe they are a scam. I picked up 3 of them off the streets in Downers Grove, IL, a western suburb of Chicago, where a guy claiming to work for a sound company out of Joliet, IL came up to me while I was driving and said he had 3 extra of these systems that came in on an order where the distributor accidentally gave them more than they asked for. This scam artist in my mind, who was accompanied by another guy and girl, then proceeded to tell me that his boss let him take them and do whatever he wanted, so he was just trying to get a little cash for them on the side. He showed me the MSRP price on the side of the box and told me that their sound company sold them for 2000 a piece. Being naive and a lot bit stupid, I ended up giving in to the guy without finding out any information on the product and forgetting to get his name and company; no contact information at all. In the end I spent about 1500 dollars cash for all three thinking I got a good deal. But then after I got home, I proceeded to search for Millenium Sound Lab products and to no avail found no such information except for a few Ebay entries and your forum. I did find a website, milleniumsoundlabs.com or something to the like that also seemed to be some type of hack site. I have no idea where they are made, no idea how much they are worth, and no idea if I got ripped off or not. They do work and to me sound pretty good although I've not much to compare it to. The only address I could find anywhere in the literature was on the generic warranty form which had an Elmwood Park, IL mailing address for warranty input which is not too far from Downers Grove. It would make sense that these were sold to me in Chicago if in fact the hack speakers were made in the Chicagoland area as well.

Regarding your speakers, where did you get them from and how did you hear that MSL brand was supposed to be top of the line if you can't find any literature on them either?

I'll probably end up keeping all three because I can hook one up to my computer through the AUX RCA jacks and maybe someday use another to a large TV when I can afford one. I'll probably give the other one to my siblings.

If you find any more info on this interesting product, write back please.

Collapse -
MSL 5.1
by wily5150 / February 25, 2007 5:16 PM PST

I got them the exactly the same way you did. Two guys and a girl. He
came up to me when I was going into best buy. And I paid 500.00 dollars for mine also. they were driving a dodge durango. And yes I also hooked mine up just to see if I got screwed. They work great. WOW what's really going on here. Thanks for the info, and sorry I haven't gotten back to earlier.

Collapse -
HI
by chigal1 / December 5, 2007 4:59 AM PST

Has anyone received any updated information regarding the MSL-7700R in the chicagoland area. I am trying to find out their corporate location and try to get my money back... I am also thinking of contacting the local news media and informing as many people as I can about this scam. This is a huge scam!!! Thanks for your responses in advance.

Collapse -
like my post below says
by masterying01 / December 5, 2007 10:30 AM PST
In reply to: HI

google "white van speaker" and you'll pull up links and many different things. this is a nation wide scam. not enough people know about it..but its like in life...if its too good to be true, you should probably just walk away.

Collapse -
msl 7700 series rip off
by stopher1971 / September 27, 2010 3:04 AM PDT
In reply to: HI

funny i went for a job offer in lombard illinois and sure enough this is what they sold, among other stuff. the msl 7700 surrounds:they want 125.00 for the pkg.whatever they can get over that is what you make.this was about 4 yrs ago not sure of the address but it was off of s. finley rd. in lombard. (s. finley to highmoor to shady ln.) haha go figure that.north of 38. good luck theres not a name for the place there was just and address which ive lost.

Collapse -
Wow! 2 guys & a gal working out of the back of an SUV
by NM_Bill / February 25, 2007 11:29 PM PST

outside a BB. Over the years many of us have encountered goods supposedly fallen off the back of a truck. And the guy at the bus station that will sell you an "Omrega." Not exactly an Omega. And a tire dealer did sell me a set of tires for 1/3 the going rate. Gee, how hot were they? A pro rated replacement later might put the serial numbers into play. Receiving stolen goods is, well, not nice.

But we seem to have anonymous goods with an msrp marked on the label. Enjoy the speakers for however nice they sound.

Collapse -
TRY SPELLING "MILLENIUM"
by Riverledge / February 26, 2007 12:58 AM PST

river.

Collapse -
sorry, but you got scammed
by masterying01 / February 26, 2007 4:21 AM PST

google the term "white van speaker" and you'll find thousands of links on this kind of scam. they come up to you randomly on the street with speakers for sale that they had no use for that are still brand new in a box. they bust out a magazine showing you that the MSRP is like $21035910. the magazine and the speakers are manufactorered for very cheap in many different places. one of the biggiest scams out there as far as speakers go (even more then bose).

the costs of these speakers to them were around $50-100. i've been able to haggle these guys down to $200 for a set of 5.1 speakers before cause they were desperate to unload them. for the money that you paid, you could have gotten a GOOD sound system. if you compare a good jbl, klipsch, polk audio, def tech, etc system in around that price...you'll be suprised at how much better the sound could be compared to yours.

Collapse -
Well there is company called Sound Labs.
by jcrobso / December 5, 2007 5:17 AM PST

The have and excellent speaker called the Millennium-1
http://www.soundlab-speakers.com/m1.htm
If your speaker is not the one is not the one at the link you have probably been scammed.
If the deal is to good to be true, then it's usually a scam. john

Collapse -
any more information?
by gabejgrant / January 10, 2010 2:31 AM PST

I know this thread is about 2 years old but we have one of these same systems in Manhattan, KS. Has anyone found any more info?

Collapse -
does anyone know why i cant get them to work on my tvs i try
by dkapan / February 16, 2012 2:38 AM PST

does anyone know why i cant get them to work on my tvs i tryed on my samsung 52in 1080 tv and to my 32in dynex 720 and i cant get it to work its the model msl -1000r model 5.1 home theater system from the same millennium sound labs company but i bought mine in niles il from cash converters by the four flags mall across from gold mill and when i return them he was able to hook them up like nothing and i cant even with another new tv can anyone tell me if there is a setting on the tvs im not seeing to connect ive had for over a year now and havent been able to even hear them besides at the store please help me thanks everyone!!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.