Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

I post for a good answer

by Hollow06 / March 21, 2007 1:44 PM PDT

Alot of internet questions that people type in google have forum and subs listed in the answers to these questions. Plus i enjoy answering a few newbie q's myself. So when a question comes up on newbie forum, telling them to google it is a dense idea..and you should be smacked in the face with a monitor <3 U all Happy If you are just trying to up your post #'s and have no idea what the answer is... do it in another forum, thx Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I post for a good answer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I post for a good answer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Are you aware that the Moderators in
by Ray Harinec / March 22, 2007 6:57 AM PDT

these forums get ZERO pay and are expected to read each and every post in the forums that they are responsible for. Pure volunteers, some such as the one(s) you are referring to have done this for years and found giving links gives them the oopportunity to cover ALL OF their responsibilities, especially where the question has been asked numerous times, and feel that they should have first done a search. Their flaw [thepersons that reply with Google searches is that a person posting in the forum for the first time really can feel rejected].

Believe it or not the prime responsibility of the Mods in their forum is to maintain decorum and not allow violations of the TOS.

At times I also find that frustrating, but knowing two Mods fairly well, I fully understand.

Collapse -
tru dat
by Hollow06 / March 22, 2007 7:30 AM PDT

When your right ur right, I take that back.

The only prob i had was some1 actually takeing the time to post that. And I also had an amazing post on that forum of someone who wasn't tired of copy and pasting links..I owe him 1.

I have a heart for mods cuz i can be a pain in the ***, luv you guys Wink

Collapse -
Sorry, Hollow06
by linkit / March 22, 2007 8:37 AM PDT
In reply to: tru dat

I wasn't attempting to give you a hard time or be smug by telling you to Google your questions here:

Sometimes an unintentional short attitude may be interpreted in my answers when I am simply trying to be brief or efficient in my explanations.

What I meant was that with little alteration, if you were to put your questions into Google, you would get some good answers. This is especially true for questions #1 and #3.

If you don't have any success with Google or another search engine, by all means, feel free to tell us that and we will gladly give you more help and direction.

Collapse -
by Hollow06 / March 23, 2007 1:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry, Hollow06

I get it now, i've been playing on this forums and another for a good 3 hours in two days. Some kid asked how to enable duel monitor view, i just put on ""

I do get it, i guess it takes a few posts to get that. Whoever posts with BOB says some funny stuff though, i've been looking at his.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?