Make an offer

one person responded asking

What is the lowest offer?

I responded

Are you going to offer less? Devil

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I placed an ad on a site to sell some items
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I placed an ad on a site to sell some items
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
lol

You should have said... "One Million Dollars"

Devil

- Collapse -
Try re-writing

give a price you'd accept "on the spot" but end with OBO (or best offer). You can specify a reserve such as OBO over $20. As for a response to the one person, tell them that the lowest offer so far was nothing. Tell him you didn't accept that offer and that the product was still available if he'd like to make one.

- Collapse -
Postings

IMO, I think the offer was, "what would be the lowest you'll accept". I guess the writer and/or wording just didn't come across. Of course, I find some buyers totally in their own world when I post some items for sale. I realize buyers are looking for bargains, but heck consider the value of the item and don't offer some super-low offer in relation to that item. -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
(NT) That's probably what they meant.
- Collapse -
I listed something on Ebay recently

Someone made an offer of $50. I replied that it was too low. He came back with $45, saying it was the best he could do. I replied with a brief definition of "negotiation."

- Collapse -
I put a slightly used mobo

on Ebay for a bargain price last year. Included processor, HSF, and a memory chip. As I recall I asked $35. No takers, which surprised me at that low price. Instead after the ad expired, I put into a relative's computer for free to replace their problematic mobo. Sometimes things just don't sell, but not worth taking the best lowball offer.

- Collapse -
I have a multifunction printer on Ebay

for sale or best offer.......it's got a price tag of about $50....got a 'best offer' of $1 and didn't even bother to respond. It was from a person that only had four or five stars so he/she is a 'newbie' and probably didn't know better that it wasn't an auction type format, but he/she will figure it out.

- Collapse -
Thanks JP. All you need to say is it's this $XYZ.

(20% more than I think it's worth).

What can it hurt.

Rob

CNET Forums