General discussion

I phone

Is there any good apps for notifying you when you missed a call or have an email for when your not around your phone. Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I phone
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I phone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Interesting concept,

an app, that runs on your iPhone, that will tell you when you have missed a call or have email, when you are not around your phone.

How would you see this app in action if you were not around your phone?

On a lighter note, missing a call or getting an email when not around your phone, would be instantly noticeable when you returned to your phone and pressed the home button.
The number of missed calls and the number of waiting emails is displayed for you.

P

- Collapse -
From ron.

There's not a NON Jailbreak App that will do what you want. Apple doesn't want Apps running in the background like that (except it's own). So the only way to get a reminder app is to JB. There's also an app called Remind Me that I've seen.

ron

Kees

CNET Forums

Forum Info