Question

i need to download a realtek rtl81xx pci-e network connectio

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">i need to download a realtek rtl81xx pci-e network connection from cnet to a flash drive. i have no idea how to do this.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: i need to download a realtek rtl81xx pci-e network connectio
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: i need to download a realtek rtl81xx pci-e network connectio
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
(NT) Update your post with make, model of the PC.
- Collapse -
clarification

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">my fathers computer (inspiron 537s vista 64-bit w/ petium dual core proc. e5200 @ 2.6ghz 3.gb ram 300gb hard drive) has no network adapter installed or configured message and has no network adapters tab in device manager. I have found the driver I need realtek rtl81xx pci-e network connection. I found it here on cnet, but it says rtl81xx.zip, and I need to download it to a flash drive on my laptop (Dell studio 1555 intel core duo 64 bit t6500 @ 2.1ghz w/ 4.0 gb ram, and 500gb hard drive) so I can download it to his Inspiron which has no internet via ethernet. The router still supplies wireless, and ethernet to the internet capable blue ray.

- Collapse -
Re: downloading

If you don't know how to download a zip-file to a flash drive, try a work-around. Download it to your hard drive (like all other downloads) and copy it to the flash drive. It's just a file.

Kees

- Collapse -
Make use of that Dell Service Tag number ...

on your father's computer and download the appropriate file direct from Dell.

They will provide explicit instructions for both downloading and installing the driver.

CNET Forums