Computer Help forum

General discussion

I need some forum help please.

I tried to find a place to make this post other than here and didn't find what I was looking for. I was looking for a general forum help link and found none.

Is the Search feature not working anymore?

I used to could type in my userid and all the posts that I've made would come up. When it comes up now, the top one on the list is dated 11/14/04 -- I think that's the date -- at least it's 11/04. I've made many posts since that time.

How do I view my more recent posts. It also shows that I have 18 pages of posts and has a jump to button; however, there is nothing for me to click on to get past page 1.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Julea

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I need some forum help please.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I need some forum help please.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: I need some forum help please

In reply to: I need some forum help please.

Julea, Just click on zeebell where it says Welcome, zeebell on the left side of the page. It shows your Personal info, how many posts most recent posts then click on show all posts.

Tufenuf

Collapse -
Hmmm... not for me either

Lee Koo is the forum administrator Julia. He was recently testing a beta search engine here. Could be he took it out of beta a little too soon. Go to your profile and at the bottom you will see your most recent posts and clicking on <see all> should bring up everything in latest -> earliest order. It just worked for me. And I'll send him a note.

and life goes on...

Jack

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Tks Tufenuf and Jack -- both your ways worked for me.

Collapse -
This advanced search site has been in

effect for a long time, just put it in your favorites/bookmarks:
http://cma.zdnet.com/texis/forums/
Type in zeebell for 'Author' and select 'All Results" and you will get all of your 381 post back to October 24, 2003 on one page.

The other methods just give a certain amount of posts per page.

Since Lee introduced the new 'Search' (enter at top of this page), don't know how long or if he will keep the one I reference above to put in your favorites/bookmarks.

JR

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) WOW JR -- thanks much! 2 bad I didn't know that sooner

In reply to: This advanced search site has been in

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.