HolidayBuyer's Guide

PC Hardware forum

General discussion

i need some advice on this lcd...

by ptam91 / May 13, 2006 1:23 PM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: i need some advice on this lcd...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: i need some advice on this lcd...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What is a good monitor
by islandporgy / May 13, 2006 11:12 PM PDT

There is good then there is real good and then there is the best.
I just ordered a new LCD Monitor, not what I realy wanted but it will do good for what I am going to use it for.
I am not a heavy gamer, I like games but not those high tech games. I am going to watch DVDs and play games and browse the internet on my LCD 20 inch monitor.

I would like to get this monitor. click the link bellow

http://www.compudirect.com/cgi-bin/product_view.cgi?MON_5-101&cnet&Component

But I got this monitor instead Click on the link below

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=231796

Some time this year I will get the 24 inch Dell, but will be satisfied with the Viewsonic VP2030B 20.1in LCD Which is 1000 contrast and 300 Brightness.
Read the the Specs and the features on the monitors and see what you need. The monitor you chosse is the one I will be getting for my second computer But from This site click on the link below.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=239056

Good Luck
Wendell H

Collapse -
i mean is it a good lcd for the price and performance?
by ptam91 / May 14, 2006 3:19 AM PDT

Is it also good for playing games like counter strike cause thats what im also using it for. Working and gaming.

Collapse -
It's pretty good.
by fgiron / May 14, 2006 4:00 AM PDT

For gaming you usually want a lower response time. That has 8ms which is very good. I have a 12ms 19" monitor and I haven't noticed anything at all at high resolution and high quality gaming. Some things to look for are a high contrast rating, size, resolution and dot pitch. That's a very nice Monitor however it doesn't have DVI.
This:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2171046&Sku=H94-1900%20ISS
has dvi, a slightly lower contrast rating, the same response time, it's also $25 less after rebate and includes a $70 security suite.

Collapse -
whats the point
by ptam91 / May 14, 2006 9:22 AM PDT
In reply to: It's pretty good.

Whats the point of dvi? I have a converter that converts vga to dvi cause my video card has a dvi plug.

Collapse -
lcd and dvi
by ramarc / May 15, 2006 11:32 AM PDT
In reply to: whats the point

dvi (digital video interface) is sharper than the vga interface. it's also less prone to interference. if you've got eagle-eyes, you might see a difference but dvi is definitely better than analog vga.

Collapse -
How are you going to use this monitor
by islandporgy / May 15, 2006 11:21 AM PDT

It is all up to you if you are a heavy gamer it might not suit you.
It is a good monitor for the person who is just a basic user.
There is a monitor out there for you. For me to say this is not for you would be wrong, I do not know how you are going to use that monitor. I would buy it as back up for my second computer.

(It is all up to you)

Good luck

Wendell H

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.