PC Applications forum

General discussion

I need help with getting ERUNT for my PC?

by stinman / January 16, 2007 1:57 AM PST

I downloaded a version of ERUNT from some site in Germany or Dutch.
I got the zipped version and it's a bit confusing.Every time you want to backup you have to go through a run or save file warning screen like you are downloading the program all over again.I hope you can understand what I am saying.There is a way to get the program downloaded to your
desktop and in your add&remove section of control panel.It is not in my add&remove programs right now.It is in "my documents" in a folder with 6 different icons.I wish it was like any other program that
you get,1 icon opens the whole program.It also has the optimizer program
installed with it.Any help with this would be appreciated!Thank You!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I need help with getting ERUNT for my PC?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I need help with getting ERUNT for my PC?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Welcome to "tool therapy."
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 16, 2007 2:02 AM PST

There's a good reason why you get just the application without an installer package. It has to do with the fact that ERUNT is a power tool used when the system (OS?) may not be working properly. If an installer that put the file in some directory with add/remove items, menu shortcuts and more then the install would fail on the flaky system.

You'll find many tools like this so take the time to update your skills to learn how to unzip files, move a tool where you want and... make a shortcut in the menu you want it to be.

Nothing busted here unless you agree that Windows is.

Bob

Collapse -
Bob would it be OK to put or copy the ERUNT to my external H
by stinman / January 16, 2007 2:46 AM PST

Thanks for replying so quick Bob!I have used it once to back up the
register.Then I ran the NEPT...(I can't remember all the letters but you
probably know what I am talking about)it did its thing.I then made another back up and created a folder on K:\ERUNT 1-15-07.I am still learning Bob,got alot to go!Should I put the program folder on K external 160g WD hard drive(My Book Essential Edition)I'm not sure if
windows is busted but I do believe they don't like you to use anything
that they haven't made,approved,or had their hands somewhere on it!
To update my skills on the things that you mention,do you have anywhere
to read up on these things.Unzipping with my XP pretty much does it for you and picks the place to put it.Move a tool and make shortcut-you mean right click and cut or copy or send to...And make
shortcut on desktop?Sorry if I seem a bit slow,but you can never be to careful when it comes to a PC or the REGISTER!Again Thanks Bob
Mark

Collapse -
From memory, it can be where you want it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 16, 2007 3:01 AM PST
Collapse -
Thanks for advice,I would rather use the web,just not sure
by stinman / January 16, 2007 3:24 AM PST

I guess just google Xp builtin help and support,Or you mean help and support on my PC.Anyway Thanks again!I will figure it out.

Collapse -
ERUNT information
by glennlee / January 18, 2007 3:59 AM PST

Check out the instructions and links on this site. ERUNT is a very useful tool for efficiently backing up your registry every time you bootup. System Restore function is often disabled in a viral attack.

http://www.winxptutor.com/regback.htm

Collapse -
reply to: ERUNT
by caktus / January 19, 2007 10:43 AM PST

Create a folder named ERDNT [not ERUNT] in the Windows folder.
However, this should be done for you the first time you create a backup.

When you want to create a backup go to Start > Programs > ERUNT and click on the ERUNT icon and the subsequent prompts. Make sure all three backup options are checked.

This will place each backup folder in the ERDNT folder. Each backup must have it's own sub-folder so it associates only with files relating to that particular backup.

If you create more than one backup on the same day be sure to customize the name or backup 1-19-2007 may simply replace 1-19-2007. Unless of course that is your intent.

The individual backup folders can be moved or copied to CD for safe storage. And you can run the backup straight from the CD.

Hope this is helpful.

Charlie

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?