Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

I need help with Backdoor.Tidserv

by N3rd16 / October 25, 2008 7:53 AM PDT

plz, i had viruses today so i used avast,malware bytes to move as my norton sucks but i keep getting this virus thing from norton bout Backdoor.tidserv and can't remove using any of the programs, plz help.

If it says that sytem restore and delete registry stuff!!!, it doesn't work out as i dun see al those registry stuff but i have'nt tried in safe mode.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I need help with Backdoor.Tidserv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I need help with Backdoor.Tidserv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
For the information of other helpers:
by Kees Bakker / October 25, 2008 8:01 AM PDT
Collapse -
srry
by N3rd16 / October 25, 2008 8:08 AM PDT

srry trying to post in the right forums

Collapse -
another possibility
by N3rd16 / October 25, 2008 8:30 AM PDT
In reply to: srry

could this happen bcuz i had avast on cuz i just downloaded cuz of the viruses in the morning

Collapse -
Re: Backdoor.Tidserv
by Carol~ Moderator / October 25, 2008 9:21 AM PDT

N3rd16..

You wrote, "i had viruses today so i used avast...." and also wrote, "i keep getting this virus thing from norton bout Backdoor.tidserv". According to the article Kees directed you to, Norton should be able to remove it, if you haven't removed Norton from your system. The instructions say to make sure your definitons are up to date and current. They also say to disable System Restore, and then run a full system scan in Safe Mode.

You wrote, "but i have'nt tried in safe mode". You need to follow all the directions, without skipping any steps. If you have a problem executing any of the steps, or don't understand something, please post back and don't hesitate to ask.

If Norton is the anti-virus you wish to keep, it's best you uninstall AVAST. Here is an AVAST uninstall utility, with instructions on how to remove it. If you wish to keep Avast, and uninstall Norton, here's a link to the Norton Removal Tool. It's best not to have two running at the same time. In this case, more is not better and can cause you problems.

Personally, I would uninstall Avast, for the time being and try removing Backdoor.Tidserv with Norton, as per the instructions. If you have followed all the instructions and find you still can't remove it, please post back. And when you do, kindly give us some information about your operating system, and any other details you can think of. It will help us, help you.

Carol

PS: If you find you still have a problem, after following all the instructions in the article, it wouldn't hurt to scan with Malwarebyte's again. But this time, scan using MBAM in Safe Mode, as you did with Norton.

Collapse -
thank you
by N3rd16 / October 25, 2008 9:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Backdoor.Tidserv

hey thanks sorry i am just panicking alot, but the thing is in safe mode i don't see my norton!!!

Collapse -
Are you saying..
by Carol~ Moderator / October 25, 2008 11:30 AM PDT
In reply to: thank you

you can't find it, or it isn't there at all? I'm a little unclear about some of what you wrote. Did you try going to "Start" then "All Programs"? Do you see it there? Which version of Norton are you using? If you are only running NAV you may be able to run a scan by going to Start>Run and entering NAVW32 /A (with a space between the 2 and forward slash) It should scan all drives, but I can't tell you that for sure. I know very little about Symantec's products. It would also be irresponsible of me to suggest anything else. According to their article, it doesn't involve anything imparticular. You're going to have provide some additional information, so I, or someone else can try to help.

I now see you mentioned in your other thread, "i do it these files are not in the registry". What is "it"? Does this mean you did everything in the article and got as far as the bottom, where you sought the registry files, in order to delete them? And they're not there?

Please do include which Symantec product you're using, which operating system, and exactly what you've done thus far. Did MBAM find anything at all? I'd like to be of further help, but I doubt I can be. Either way, this information would certainly be of help.

Carol

Collapse -
Backdoor
by moanawai / September 28, 2010 12:32 PM PDT

I had the backdoor virus for a couple weeks. Mis-directions on internet, internt and email connection problems, etc.

I downloaded a free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and washed my computer 3 times and it was gone. Worked for me.

MSC

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?