Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

I NEED HELP! WANA BUY AN MP3 PLAYER DUNO WHAT 2 BUY NOT IPOD

by eugosmith / January 16, 2006 5:10 AM PST

I'm currently in two minds between an I River H 10 20G and a creative zen micro photo 8G. Guy in store told me that micro had no power adapter but I river had. Tho i'm reading neg reviews about d I river and not bout d creative! I like d fact that I river has 20 G but micro doesn't. Both have a fm tuner which i want and both have foto features which i want. Does the i river only work with windows media 10 or will it work with any version lower?? Help! Im thinking of spending bout 280Euro

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I NEED HELP! WANA BUY AN MP3 PLAYER DUNO WHAT 2 BUY NOT IPOD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I NEED HELP! WANA BUY AN MP3 PLAYER DUNO WHAT 2 BUY NOT IPOD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
well
by hoob / January 16, 2006 5:28 AM PST

The iRiver is also drag and drop compliant, so that should make things easier. And besides, it comes with an updated version of WMP, if I remember correctly. So, you should be ok on that end.

Collapse -
philips hdd1630
by GAJM41191 / January 16, 2006 5:47 AM PST

i know you didnt put that on one that u would like but im actually getting one (its in the midst of shipping to my house), it has photo viewing (u can listen to music while viewing photos), fm radio, fm recording, voice recording, playsforsure compatibility, sleek design, dedicated volume, and the scroll button has lights that follows you. and it has 6 GB and it only $190, im getting it for $152 with coupons =). if i were you i would look it up for yourself and see that the philips hdd1630 is really the way to go

Collapse -
A warning about Philips players.
by hoob / January 16, 2006 6:40 AM PST
In reply to: philips hdd1630

I recently ordered the Philips HDD6330 and returned it after 3 days. It was a nightmare to use. Rather than being reliable and easy to use, it froze all the time. Would erase music from the player, wouldn't sync correctly sometimes and was just altogether a bad player. A terrible experience for me...and if that is a benchmark for their other players, I don't think it bodes well for the HDD1630.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!