General discussion

I need help shopping for a tablet pc.

Basically my school is allowing us to use our own tech in class next year. So I'm shopping for a Tablet PC to take notes with. What I really want is the ability to use a stylus to write the notes with, but still the ability to use the keyboard for other purposes. I'm willing to pay up to $1600 for one and just want a powerfull Tablet PC.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I need help shopping for a tablet pc.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I need help shopping for a tablet pc.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Well discussed.

Today, if I were to do this, it's an iPad and the excellent note taking software found only on that pad.

This leaves you with enough money to add the nice 1100 buck or less MacBook pro!
Bob

- Collapse -
iPad

I did consider an iPad, but I am more familiar with the Android and Windows OS's. I like what the iPad can do and want to eventually own one, but at the moment I want a Tablet PC, more than anything. Any other suggestions?

- Collapse -
At 1600 bucks

I can get the greatest ipad, the keyboard and apps to get this done.

Can you share what other models you like?
Bob

- Collapse -
HP

The HP Touchsmart netbook looks amazing to me! I stumbled upon it today and I wanted to get the opinion of others on it.

- Collapse -
I thought we were discussing tablets?

The 310x is a Windows 7 thing. It's interesting but is missing most of the touch experience.
Bob

- Collapse -
We were but..

I stumbled on the HP touchsmart tm2t series and it opened me up to more options. I'm looking up the 310x though.

CNET Forums