Video Games & Consoles forum

General discussion

i need help downloading apps and games to my psp

by ryno8908 / August 5, 2009 2:06 AM PDT

i need help downloading apps and games to my psp 3000 ver 5.01 . i download the game copy and paste it to psp/game file and ive tried saving it to other files. when i try to play the game or app it says the data is corrupted or some time it even gives me a pic of the app or game but it still says its corrrupted. ive read about many different ways to download the game or app but none of them it would be nice if somebody could help me .u can post a solution here or email me

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: i need help downloading apps and games to my psp
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: i need help downloading apps and games to my psp
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Jimmy Greystone / August 5, 2009 5:28 AM PDT

Well, your first problem is likely that outside of Sony's Playstation Network (PSN) the PSP doesn't support downloaded games, except maybe Flash games that work in the browser.

So one can only presume you're looking to pirate software, and such is against the rules here. Either buy the games, or try a rental service like GameFly.

Collapse -
by ryno8908 / August 5, 2009 6:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Well

im not trying to pirate software and u can down load games and apps for ur psp such as demos or outdated games for free and ur psp does support downloaded games or there wouldent be a playstation store for ur psp. and if u were smart u would not slander thats illegal ,especially if u dont know who thay are or what thay do for a living thank hard about what im saying jimmy. o and jest because a game is not made by playstation does not mean its illegal to download i downloaded a theme that somebody made not playstation is that illegal jimmy no! o and gess what jimmy u lest broke the terms of use of this web site by personally attacking me have a good day jimmy

Collapse -
Where to begin
by Jimmy Greystone / August 5, 2009 8:20 AM PDT
In reply to: lol

Where to begin?

First off, I specifically mentioned the PSN, which is the same thing as the Playstation Store. Or rather the Playstation Store is part of the PSN.

Second, learn what slander is. For it to be slander, I would have to know it was false at the time I said it. And since this is a written media, it would technically be libel.

Third, what you do for a living is of no consequence to this discussion. You could be a dishwasher or a CEO of a Fortune 100 company, it doesn't matter. By far and away the most probable scenario when someone says they're trying to download games (you didn't say demos, that you got them from the PSN, or anything about themes in your original post, so don't get snippy with people for your lack of detail) is that you are pirating software would you not agree?

Four, at what point did I personally attack you? You talk about slander -- and I'm sure you meant libel -- and then go and do it yourself. Making a reasonable assumption, based on probabilities, that you are attempting to pirate PSP games is NOT a personal attack. It's simply an incorrect statement.

Five, please Please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE learn to use proper punctuation and spelling. I'm not expecting perfection, just signs of an effort being made. For example, it's "just" not "jest". "Jest" is to joke, as in, "Surely you jest when you misspell just." I make myself feel old when I say it, but you're going to be hard pressed to find a job, even in the best of economic times, if you can't even distinguish between "jest" and "just". Your application will be tossed in the trash without so much as a second thought. I know when you're young, and still living with mommy and daddy, this sort of thing seems like it's a lifetime away, but sooner or later the day of reckoning will come. Unless you want to be the sort of person who lives in his parents basement well into his 30s or 40s, try paying a little attention in school this fall.

Now go away kid, you're bothering me. Since you seem to know everything there is, I'll leave you to figure this out on your own.

Collapse -
by ryno8908 / August 5, 2009 9:17 PM PDT
In reply to: Where to begin

first sorry im not a computer dork.

second The difference between slander and libel is that libel is the written or otherwise published, public defamation of a person or entity such as an organization or company, while slander is the spoken false defamation of a person or entity. Slander can also include bodily gestures while libel can include published photographs. Defamation is any wrongful injury to the reputation of a person or entity.

third u made an assumption that u shouldent have

four im not going to waste my time with proper puncttuation

five ur probably the kid in ur moms basement

six and i quote from u is that you are pirating software would you not agree?

now i world appreciate if u and ur mouth would not try to help me on any other post i read some of ur other posts u have said to other people and most of them are very rude maby u aught to go back to ur moms house to teach u manners ill give it to u jimmy ur a good talker but thats about it.

o and i figured it out already i bought the psp yesterday and posted my question yesterday

Collapse -
Tell us an example ...
by Kees Bakker / August 5, 2009 7:19 AM PDT

of such a demo you downloaded (I mean, the URL and enough instructions on how to continue to get it) so somebody can download exactly the same program as you do. Then maybe one of our members can tell you how to continue.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?