Question

I need help choosing a web hosting company for my small busi

Hi, I am currently in the process of launching a small business and am looking for a web hosting company for my website. The site would mostly provide my potential clients with some info on my business and services, offer scheduling and billing services, and perhaps sell a few items.

The only problem is that finding the right one seems a lot more complicated than I have initially anticipated. I find it rather difficult to compare the various services these companies offer and how much they would actually cost me. I would like to find one web hosting company that does everything, provide me with great hosting capabilities, great building and design tools, advertising tools, a fair price, and good customer service. Keep in mind that I have virtually no experience setting up a site.

I currently have my eye on web.com or inmotion hosting. Are they any good? I am not sure about godaddy since there are so many negative reviews out there. Are there better choices? Once again, I find it really difficult to comparison shop since they are all set up in such different ways in terms of the packages they offer. Are there any legit review sites? I find that a lot of them seem really tilted toward just one particular provider, which kinda makes me suspicious.

Thanks for reading.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I need help choosing a web hosting company for my small busi
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I need help choosing a web hosting company for my small busi
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
How to choose the best webhosting company?

hello friend!! Happy

I am going to give you some advice regarding choosing of the best webhosting company:-

1.Try to avoid cheap hosting packages.
2.Find out whether the company is experienced or not.
3.Read the customer reviews before choosing.
4.Ask them what kind of server they use, because the hardware can affect the performance of both their server as well as your site.
5.Find out whether the company fits in your future thoughts or not.

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove promotional link on 02/15/2014 at 12:03 PM PT

- Collapse -
Answer
Points to ponder

In order to choose the best hosting company for you it is important to keep a few things in mind. There is a certain criteria of choosing a solid web host company Does it provide useful interface, ecommerce tools (the basic need for a business to stand out) and reliable sites. It doesn't mean if the company is on Internet top list it is perfect for you. So have a careful observation before choosing the right web host company for you.

- Collapse -
Answer
First of all

Before checking a host company you must know what you need for your business.
If you need a high performance server for algorithm,mass traffic or just a small server to show your business information.
<div>if it's just a business

information I will go to wix or other free website that gives you the tools that you need.</div>(Will save you time and money)
<div>but if it's

algorithm,mass traffic I will go with Amazon servers (alot of money and take alot of time)</div>

- Collapse -
Answer
Hostgator, Inmotion, Bluehost, Hostmonster and Yahoo

If I want to name some reliable web hosts which are popular and affordable, I name Hostgator, Inmotion Hosting, Bluehost, and Hostmonster.
If you are a newbie, Yahoo Small Business can be another option. It's more user-friendly in compared to the mentioned companies. They offer professional looking templates which makes it easy to set up your business website.

- Collapse -
Answer
Spam free zone.

As some decided to spam, those are cleaned off and the link free zone rule is in place.

- Collapse -
Answer
Choosing A webhosting company

Hi,

It seems that you are looking for more than just a web hosting company. A web-hosting company does just that; provide you with hosting. If you need website building tools, I recommend you use SBI. It contains all the tools you need to create a website. Only disadvantages, you have to get your website template customized, because theirs are old fashioned. You can also get overwhelmed with too much information. To overcome that, focus on what you have to do and ignore the information that you do not need.

Hope this helps.

RR

- Collapse -
Answer
Web hosting and design

It is quite difficult to find the hosting provider that build your site too. If they build your site too, there are not only provide hosting, but also web development. What you need to do is you need to find out what business that you want to run, and then find web development company. You can do research or ask your friend/recommendation.

Once you have designed all your site, then you can find your hosting provider and register your domain name. If you have your own developer, they will help you to upload everything to your hosting provider.

Name of specific hosting company removed by moderator.

Post was last edited on June 24, 2016 12:19 AM PDT

- Collapse -
Answer
Get as much information as possible

It is a bit difficult to suggest a company on the things that you stated, but would like to give some recommendations like
>Have as much information as possible about the provider you decided upon
> Get on to review websites and forums to check their post sales service reviews
> ask somebody from the company to visit your place if possible if they have any sales persons
> Ask the for documentation regarding their product
> Try to save all the companies information about the plan in excel side by side which makes it easier for you to compare the information

- Collapse -
Answer
choosing a Web hosting company

Try avoiding cheap Web hosting packages
Make more enquiries about the company like their goals and stuff..

- Collapse -
Answer
The Secret Method

I have found a secret and simple method that works very well:

Just search in Bing or Yahoo (not in Google!) for "what is the web hosting company with the world's lowest account cancellation percentage". You should use this complete search term WITHOUT the quotes and you can copy this long search term here if you want.

If you follow this advice, a handful real good very best hosting providers (guaranteed) will appear at the top of the search results. These are the only 100% reliable ones.

These are the providers who are not afraid to be transparent by publishing their web hosting account cancellation percentage. Don't use Google for this because their search results are much less relevant than Bing or Yahoo. Good luck!

- Collapse -
Here that was GoDaddy. If you want to push a name.

Why not just come out and tell us why you like GoDaddy?

- Collapse -
Answer
Hostgator

Hello,

I suggest hostgator. It offers unlimited bandwidth and disc space. This will helps you to expands your business website. It is a reliable web hosting service provider.

Have a nice day!
Goodluck to your business.
Let it rise on the top.

CNET Forums