I Need help building my new computer

I have always used a pro desk 600 G1 from HP and I have changed cases but I didn’t think about the power switch and won’t know how to connect it can anyone help me?

Discussion is locked
Reply to: I Need help building my new computer
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I Need help building my new computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
- Collapse -
Not really.
- Collapse -
(NT) Can I send a picture and see if you know where to put it?
- Collapse -
Here's my bet.

You may have to get out a drill or other sheet metal tool to make a new place or mount for the old power switch in the new case.

- Collapse -
Have I got this right?

The plug from the new power switch does not fit in the mobo.

Can you just swap plugs?

Might be easier than removing the new switch and installing the old switch.

- Collapse -
That's why I went for the PDF Service Manual.

It looks like HP has a proprietary power on and wiring scheme so the easy out here is to transplant that button and wiring over.

Now this may challenge folk that didn't take any shop classes or in a school that doesn't teach the basics of drilling, solder work and more.

- Collapse -

Now that I have looked at the power switch connector to the mobo it's best to transplant the old switch.

CNET Forums