General discussion

I NEED HELP BAD!!

I HAVE AN HP LAPTOP, AND I SHARE THE WIRELESS NETWORK AMONG NEIGHBORS, BUT AS FAR AS I KNOW WE ALL SET IT AS PRIVATE(HOME) LOCATION! UNFORTUNATYL, MY BOYFRIEND GOT A SONY VAIO AND HE BECAME PART OF SOMETHING ON HIS COMPUTER THAT HE CLAIMS IS HIS CONFIGURATIONS... CALLED A HOMEGROUP... I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WINDOWS 7 HAS THIS KIND OF OPTION, IS THIS A GLICHE? BECAUSE NOW, MY SYSTEM IS TOTALLY SYNCHED TO HIS, AND A NETWORK OF OTHER PEOPLES, AND EVERYTIME I TRY AND GO INTO MY CONTROL PANEL TO UNINTSTALL THE UNWELCOME FILES IT SAYS I NEED AN ACCOUNT ADMINSTRATERS APPROVAL. THIS IS CRAP!! ARE ALL SONYS LIKE THIS?!?! HE CHANGED HIS SETTINGS ON HIS COMPUTER BACK TO NOT PUBLIC INTERNET CONNECTION, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO GET MY COMPUTER BACK TO NORMAL..
I NEED HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE..
THEY ALSO DRAINED MY AVG.. I NEED TO KNOW WHATS UP. IS THIS A VIRUS?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I NEED HELP BAD!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I NEED HELP BAD!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What OS are you using?

and exactly what problems are being caused. If you're using Win 7, you can disconnect/disable Homegroup. If XP, you may have such as remote desktop sharing enabled and can turn that off. Sharing a network like you've described can be rather dangerous, BTW.

- Collapse -
im aware of that...

i KNOW that problems can be caused...and my entire history has already been erased...and tracked...i dont know how any of this **** works because I DONT HAVE WINDOWS 7. I have freakin windows vista. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!?! i didnt download it! My boyfriend used to sync his itouch to my computer, and then he just got a new computer with win7..and probably synched that... does that automatically sync me to him?!!? IS that who is remote controling me or whatever you call it!? is it always one person doing the things to you, or are you susceptible to anyone controlling you??
I am in the adminstratiers position right now...and ive changed passwords, and all types of settings.. it says there are no synced connections or whatever.. WHERE DO I TURN OFF REMOTE?
someone help...this has ruined me!! I've been on the freakin computer for two days trying to figure out what has happened...and ive lost all my school stuff and pictures...and i never got a chance to freakin study for my exam at school tomorrow because of this freakin program!! I HATE THIS IF IT IS WINDOWS 7

CNET Forums

Forum Info