Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

I NEED HELP!

i have Ad-Aware, I have scanned many scans, and fixed all problems according to it. But I still get random advertisement non-windowed pop-ups, rap music playing, and office people talking about their jobs... ?
AFAIK its some adware virus but i cant get rid of it.
CAN SOME ONE HELP ME PLEASE

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I NEED HELP!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I NEED HELP!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Are you using IE?

In reply to: I NEED HELP!

If you are using Internet Explorer, look up BHO's in Google and look for guidance how to delete them all.

Browser Helper Objects will often be the add-ons that cause popups.

In the meantime, download install and use the Firefox browser. It is less of a target for malware writers than IE.

Mark

Collapse -
I am

In reply to: Are you using IE?

I already use FF :/

Collapse -
Can you supply a screen print?

In reply to: I am

Use ImageShack or PhotoBucket to host a screen print of one of these ads, and post the web address of the image here.

In the meantime, try killing the Messenger if it is running, http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/messenger.htm

That Messenger should have been disabled by default when the Windows Update SP2 was installed. Have you updated to SP2 and SP3?

Mark

Collapse -
IDK IF THE 1st went thru

In reply to: Can you supply a screen print?

Im will do so.

i dont know what to do with that link : /

and i have no idea what those are

Collapse -
ImageShack and PhotoBucket

In reply to: IDK IF THE 1st went thru

ImageShack - http://imageshack.us/

PhotoBucket - http://photobucket.com/

You said, "i dont know what to do with that link".

What link? If you mean the "Disable Windows messenger link, then click on it, wait for the web page to load, and then follow the guidance to see if Windows Messenger is on. If so, disable it.

Mark

Collapse -
ok

In reply to: Can you supply a screen print?

i did and it was already enabled

Collapse -
(NT) Then disable it.

In reply to: ok

Collapse -
oops

In reply to: Then disable it.

Disabled, not enabled, typo

Collapse -
OK

In reply to: oops

Now can you supply a screen print of one of these messages please?

How to do that;;

1] When the message appears, press the Print Screen key on the keyboard.

2] Open Paint, (goto Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint, or MSPaint).

3] In Paint, goto Edit > Paste. This will paste the screen print image into Paint.

4] Edit or cut out any information from the Desktop image you do not want others to see.

5] Goto File > Save as, and save that image to your Desktop. Give it a file name, and make sure you change the "Save as type" from BMP to JPEG, (this creates a file smaller size than BMP).

6] Goto ImageShack, link given above, click the Browse button, navigate to your Desktop and select your image. Then click "Host it" in the web site.

7] When the image has been uploaded, find the table of web address links provided by ImageShack below the image, and copy the last one.

Cool Reply to this post, and paste that web address url in your reply.

Mark

Collapse -
ok

In reply to: OK

i got rid of the ads, but music still randomly plays,and i get a random thing about office workers

Collapse -
MS's Radio Station (Part of I.E.)...

In reply to: ok

"The Media bar in Internet Explorer makes it easy for you to play music, video, or multimedia files. You can use the!!!! Media bar to listen to your favorite Internet radio station while you use your computer.!!!!

Possible this is on & sound level is up enough to hear? It's also found in CP>IE> Active-X list (along w/ flash player etc).

Are you using "wireless" internet connection (WI-FI)?? ConfusedHappy

Collapse -
ok

In reply to: MS's Radio Station (Part of I.E.)...

im using firefox, i dont have wifi,

Collapse -
plus

In reply to: Are you using IE?

i also know its not internet pop ups, its adware

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.