Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

I need help!

by Death50000 / December 31, 2006 5:00 PM PST

Ok, so I got this MP3 player for Christmas (don't know what it's called, but it's pretty old anyways, only 1GB...), and I somehow lost the charger that you plug into the player and the USB port on the back of the PC. Is it possible in any way, without spending 10 million years looking for it, that I can aquire another one for free? What if I don't have the receipt? I need help Sad .

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I need help!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I need help!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Well, in a word...
by stropyboy / December 31, 2006 6:03 PM PST
In reply to: I need help!

No. You are probably gonna have to either find it yourself, or buy another one directly from the manufacturer for about 20 bucks. However, if it is really old, it might be disconinuted....in that case..your screwed

Can u check the player name anyway?


Collapse -
by Death50000 / January 1, 2007 1:51 AM PST
In reply to: Well, in a word...

On the back, it says:

Digital Audio Player

That's all. Somebody said that I can go to Wal-Mart and ask for a mini USB cable. Is that possible?

Collapse -
I think it's a WalMart brand
by ktreb / January 1, 2007 2:12 AM PST
In reply to: Reply

So going there won't hurt. It may not help either, unless their electronics staff is somewhat knowledgeable. They would need to be able to look at it and be able to tell you whether or not it's a mini a or b receptacle, unless you can tell yourself. You probably won't get it for free, though, but it should cost that much.

From your information, I still can't tell what model it is - you don't have an owner's manual???

Collapse -
I meant to say
by ktreb / January 1, 2007 2:14 AM PST

it shouldn't cost that much.

Collapse -
by stropyboy / January 1, 2007 4:13 AM PST
In reply to: I need help!

OK, maybe not 20. But seriously, the manufacturers always raise the price like crazy.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions


Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?