the camcorder... what are you asking for?

In the case of Sony, you are correct, their lower-end camcorders do not include an audio-in jack and most times rely on the proprietary active interface shoe... but if the mic is decent and close enough, you should be fine... they have an optional wireless mic that looks pretty interesting... ECM-HW1 Wireless Microphones... http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/,INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=ECMHW1&Dept=cameras&CategoryName=acc_DIAccessories_DICamcorderMicrophones

Regardless of the camcorder you choose consider using a tripod or monopod. Get an extra high-capacity battery.

For wireless applications (using my Sony HDR-HC1), I use a Shure wireless clip-on mic (UHF). If that's not do-able, I use a NRG SA-568 wired, switchable, (shotgun-tele/normal) mic. I recently got an Audio-Technical AT-825 stereo mic that does an awesome job for stereo applications. I also occasionally use wired Shure SM-58s. To get the XLR cables to plug into my 1/8 inch mic-in jack, I use a BeachTek DXA-6.

Good luck...