General discussion

i need a video card for an asus essentio CG5275-AR003

i'm getting an asus essentio CG5275-AR003 that i will be using for gaming. but i want to get a video card for it seen as it only has an integrated card. i'm already shellin out 700 bucks for the computer so i cant spend to much on the card only 100-150. i dont know much about the subject so please help.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: i need a video card for an asus essentio CG5275-AR003
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: i need a video card for an asus essentio CG5275-AR003
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: graphic card
- Collapse -
graphic card

i just need some advice. i dont even know where to start. the site you gave me doesn't help because i know nothing about any video cards. maybe a link to a video card buying guide would be more helpful

- Collapse -
Re: video cards
http://reviews.cnet.com/graphics-cards/?tag=leftColumnArea.0 is our own review section. That might be somewhat more intelligeable.

And I would say, first have a look at the system requirements of the games you want to play. It could be they play well enough using the integrated graphics. If not, you'll learn the minimum requirements you need.

Even if the motherboard comes with integrated graphics, you can add a videocard of your choice later. So there's no need to decide now. Why not postpone your decision?

Kees
- Collapse -
s

thanks for the advice. i'd planned on trying the onboard one first. but just thought id figure out which one i would get if the performance isn't up to my standards.

CNET Forums