Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

i need a new hosting company

by marcelomdsc / June 10, 2007 6:35 PM PDT

Hello, i've been using dot5hosting for a few months, but I'm sick of it, the prize and benefits are pretty good, but the server is always non responsive and it s almost impossible to upload large files, even though i get like 250 gbs of storage. They charge me something like 7 bucks a month, does somebody know of any other good hosting service out there...

here is a link http://www.dot5hosting.com/hosting.html

i would like to have pretty much the same, and same prize I just need a good server!

thanks, Marcelo.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: i need a new hosting company
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: i need a new hosting company
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
There are many
by PudgyOne / June 10, 2007 11:49 PM PDT
Collapse -
by marcelomdsc / June 11, 2007 8:41 AM PDT
In reply to: There are many

well is not spamming if you tell your experience with a company, that s why I said only post if you have used the company's services.

I've heard dreamhost is good, does somebody know about it?

Collapse -
There are many
by parkar3 / June 26, 2007 4:12 PM PDT
In reply to: There are many
Collapse -
Godaddy is working out fine for me
by cpmjohn / June 11, 2007 10:34 AM PDT

I had a local web host who would not even answer their phone. I bit the bullet and switched to godaddy.com hosting. They have three competitive price plans that include a lot free options, like allowing/helping you to mount a wordpress blog and many other programs to your domain.

Their tech support is unbeatable; it operates 24-7!!! You do pay for the call to Phoenix, AZ (US). But then they'll do their best to help you with basic web registration maintenance. I've never waited more that 3 or 4 minutes to speak to a rep, plus they are courteous!

They're not good, however, at helping you do major modifications to web databases, after they're installed. (But I don't know anyone who will help you build a sophisticated site for free.)

John Hess
www.imcool.com
www.goHTSN.com

Collapse -
Hosting Suggestions
by ppcadcenter / June 16, 2007 2:09 AM PDT

I have not heard good things about dreamhost but I personally haven't used them. I use hostmonster and lunarpages for my sites and I have no complaints. I used a coupon for lunarpages for $27 off. I think it was Save27 check them both out.

Collapse -
Here is a good host.
by zForge / June 20, 2007 10:06 AM PDT
Collapse -
HI
by Labeeb88 / June 26, 2007 4:36 PM PDT

Hi,
There is company Tenpearls offering multiple web services once i had contact them and i found them good and reliable ...
Regards

Collapse -
ok...but...
by marcelomdsc / June 27, 2007 2:53 AM PDT
In reply to: HI

So fat I narrowed my choices to godaddy and hostmonster.

But here is something somebody else told me....what do you think?

He said, for the service I currently have I get 300gb of space and 30000gb of data transfer, but I would be just fine with 100gb of space and maybe 1000gb of transfer. What I care about the most is that the host is reliable, so he said, that the companies that offer less (more reasonable) plans, like 100gb and 1000gb, are more likely to be more reliable. Is that so?

Collapse -
100gb and reliability as number 1
by santoslhelper / July 6, 2007 5:16 AM PDT
In reply to: ok...but...

If that is the case check out HostGator.

Collapse -
(NT) So who did you end up switching too?
by santoslhelper / July 27, 2007 6:28 AM PDT
In reply to: ok...but...
Collapse -
HostNed for web hosting
by dynaweb / July 5, 2007 8:34 AM PDT

My brother and I have been using HostNed for years now and we absolutely recommend them for those who prefer no BS, fast service and reliability.

http://www.hostned.com

Collapse -
U-Maintain It
by CeeRae / June 28, 2008 2:15 AM PDT

I used to use "U-Maintain It" but half the time my website wasn't working because they couldn't keep things going from their end, I couldn't get answers from support and they disconnected their phone. I haven't had their service for 5 months and kept my account current with them at all times, yet they are sending me bills for months I wasn't even with their company. There is no one I can call and they won't return my e-mails. I feel I have a moral obligation to caution people about using their service at your own risk. I certainly regret it

Even though it took me a long time to create the graphics and build the webpage through UMI, after 4 months I decided to cut my losses and moved to a place called "Create a Shoppe Plus". It has been so nice, every email to them has been promptly returned and in 5 months my site has never been down.

Collapse -
Bluehost is great.
by Subcitizen / June 29, 2008 7:49 AM PDT

Dude, I'm telling you, the best host out there is Bluehost. Whenever I have a problem, they always help me out.

Jason

Fourth World Clothing at Subcitizen.com

Collapse -
I use blue host
by startupsalesmentor / July 6, 2008 2:20 AM PDT

You can take a look at my sites:

<a href="http://karlgoldfield.com">startup sales mentor</a>
<a href="http://salesblog.karlgoldfield.com">Sales training</a>
<a href="http://messageslinger.com">Newsletters and online communications</a>

They are great, I have tons of sites complete back end including ruby on rails and fantastico and it is only 9 bucks a month

Collapse -
Re: i need a new hosting company
by tch_guy / July 14, 2008 9:32 PM PDT

Hi, you can try to search out in Google yourself.

Good Luck!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.