HolidayBuyer's Guide

Laptops forum

General discussion

I need a good professional powerful laptop

by NYSTalents / September 6, 2008 7:06 AM PDT

I need a good professional powerful laptop 15" widescreen or up, 3GB with up upgrade and a fast processor, I would love a MacBook that would be appropriate for me has photographer but, I never work with an apple computer. I need a good Laptop PC Windows as far I can operate this my mainly Software's:

- AOL Software
- Microsoft FrontPage
- Outlook Express 6
- CuteFTP
- Adobe Photoshop CS
- Nikon Camera Control Pro 2.0 Software

and much more relate to my photography's business.

Any suggestions will be appreciate, thank you,

Salvatore
347-576-9952

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I need a good professional powerful laptop
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I need a good professional powerful laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
XP or Vista?
by Kees Bakker / September 6, 2008 7:19 AM PDT

You'll be hard pressed to find a laptop with Windows XP at the moment. And Vista comes with Windows Mail, which is the successor of Outlook Express. So it will be hard to find a laptop now that can run Outlook Express. which you happen to mention as a requirement.

I didn't check if the Nikon Software you use is Vista-compatible, and I can't check the "much more" (as you will understand). Also, I doubt if CS is Vista-compatible, given that the current version is CS3.

And what's your definition of a "professional" laptop, compared with a "consumer" one?

Kees

Collapse -
"I need a good professional powerful laptop"
by NYSTalents / September 6, 2008 10:07 PM PDT
In reply to: XP or Vista?

Well I don't know much myself about professional laptop but, only of all and anything about a pro photographer can get a great general help tool laptop "PC Windows or MacBook" for his photography's work in studio and locations. Before I buy anything I am do research and any response can fit my need I will make my finaly decision. About Photoshop CS I'm using now is the old version, as I will buy the new computer I will get the CS3.

Thank you for your answer and any extra help I can receive from all.

Collapse -
Great Pro Toughbooks.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2008 7:36 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.