Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

I N Exp.7 / HP 1250 all in one --Win. XP Ser .p 2

by novicerover / January 30, 2007 11:12 PM PST

Used the above for a couple of years with no problem and recently took the printer out of service.
Since re installing the scanner does not work and HP Director Icon and facility have disapeared ! The only change I have made is to upgrade to Int Exp 7 I have heard Director does not work with Int Exp.7.
Has anybody had similar problems ?? I have tried re installing with Avast and Windows Firewall etc switched off !

Novicerover

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I N Exp.7 / HP 1250 all in one --Win. XP Ser .p 2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I N Exp.7 / HP 1250 all in one --Win. XP Ser .p 2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yes. IE 7 is known for such an issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 30, 2007 11:18 PM PST

The last time it was some scanner. Check with HP for driver updates.

Bob

Collapse -
HP Director and IE 7 Problems
by jonathanwhite / January 31, 2007 1:41 AM PST

There is a fix on the HP web site for this issue.

Jonathan White

Collapse -
HP Director and IE 7 problems
by novicerover / February 1, 2007 4:46 AM PST

Thanks for your replies and help! Downloaded the update from HP,unfortunately no joy. Removed IE 7 and security and tried again with no luck. Still asks for Windows XP SP 2 CD soon after connecting printer lead. End result printer ok ,but no scanner.

I have another HP printer PSC 1410 on my other machine so I swopped them over and they now both work O/K.

I am at a loss to know why the 1200 suddenly took a dislike to the PC its wokded fine on previousley. IE 7 has been downloaded again also with no trouble.???

Collapse -
Did you give it the XP SP2 CD?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 1, 2007 5:02 AM PST

If not, that could be the issue.

Collapse -
HP Director and IE 7
by novicerover / February 1, 2007 5:34 AM PST

Yes but it would not accept it.Still asked for CD to be put in the drive and then pronounced it was the wrong one. Req. the Printer CD again and came up with comment subsequently,error had been exp. and Printer may not work properly.
No problem downloading the software to opposite machines.

Collapse -
Question.....
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 1, 2007 5:39 AM PST
In reply to: HP Director and IE 7

You say it is asking for the XP SP2 CD.

Is your PC one that came with XP SP1 already installed and you later updated to SP2 through Windows Updates?

Or did the computer come with XP SP2 already installed?

If the former, then the XP CD you have may not be recognised as it will be an SP1 CD, and the system is looking for an SP2 CD. As far as I know the only solution is to "Slipstream" SP2 onto a CD with XP.

But perhaps Bob will have better ideas.

Mark

Collapse -
HP Director and IE 7
by novicerover / February 1, 2007 6:22 AM PST
In reply to: Question.....

The PC ( HP Imedia 5055 ) causing the problem came with XP Home SP1 installed.When the inital bugs in SP 2 had been overcome I installed SP 2 from a Windows supplied, SP2 CD, No problems prior to removing the Printer,why the problem when IE 7 does not seem to be the cause.

The other machine is a Medion Multi Media 8386 which came with SP 2 installed.

In essence the early printer is on the later PC and the later printer is on the earlier PC

Collapse -
I know its a vicious circle but we have to get that CD.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 1, 2007 6:54 AM PST
In reply to: HP Director and IE 7

Bear with me here. I know you only have the XP SP1 CD and the SP2 CD. Sadly what you need is the XP SP2 CD. All is not lost yet. We can either
a) Make a Slipstream XP SP2 CD (google that)
b) Ask HP or Microsoft (depends on who supplied this OS) for the CD that the machine is asking for.

As to option B I've had to pay shipping for such in this situation.

Bob

Collapse -
HP Printer and IE 7
by novicerover / February 1, 2007 8:41 AM PST

Bob

Just checked Google and picked up slipstreamed win. XP CD using SP 2 proceedure you ref. to. I will check it out to morrow !

I'm still at a loss to understand why it worked before ,using the existing software ?

Collapse -
Please don't take this wrong.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 1, 2007 10:06 AM PST
In reply to: HP Printer and IE 7

"It's Windows."

Sadly we know that's the answer.

I'm going to subscribe to this discussion so write back how you fare.

Bob

Collapse -
HP Printer and IE 7
by novicerover / February 4, 2007 6:00 AM PST

Bob

Looking at Ed Geek on windows XP----windows registry and PC fix. Before I start getting involved I need some advice. I am not too sure where to download the SP 2 disk, is this into windows explorer in the program list I E. Start, programs, accessories and windows explorer.?

Also, I did post a thread some time ago concerning MSCONFIG-when this was entered into the run box, no file was found . Eventually I gave up and downloaded the file to the desktop and used it that way when required. In view of this I typed in the run command given C;\XP-SP2\indowsXP-KB35935-SP2-ENU-exe-x. As it was going to be required,and it rejected it as no file found.. Certain commands only seem to be affected, as I've typed in REGEDIT when required with no problems.

Perhaps you can suggest a way around this. As both printers are working perfectly and since I swapped them over and not desperate that I am prepared to go to some trouble to try to find the answer.

Collapse -
Where I download SP2.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 4, 2007 6:12 AM PST

I find it with google.com and these words. Download SP2. I pick the Microsoft link.

"I typed in the run command given"...

It seems you need to re-review this procedure. I would not be using the Start Run box for this but the command window and maybe the CD commands.

Have you looked at AUTOSTREAMER?

Bob

Collapse -
HP Printer and IE 7
by novicerover / February 4, 2007 6:58 PM PST
In reply to: Where I download SP2.

Thanks for prompt reply and help,had a quicklook at Autostreamer which looks much better and clearer instructions ! Will keep you posted on progress.

John

Collapse -
HP Printer and IE7
by novicerover / February 15, 2007 6:19 AM PST

Bob
Just to let you know that slipstreaming did the trick !! Thanks to all who helped.You guys sure know your stuff ! Sorry I have not been back before but I have been away for a few days.

Cheers and thanks again.
John

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!