General discussion

I made a cake

The cake consisted of six egg whites, 1 cup powdered sugar, 3/4 cup flour 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
I baked it and split it across the middle.
The frosting was 2cups powdered sugar, 1 cup coconut tablespoon vanilla and water.
I made a custard with the egg yolks using 1/2 cup powdered sugar 11/4 cup tapioca starch, 1 cup coconut, 6 egg yolks.
I baked the custard.
One cake layer, custard layer, cake layer, frosting.

Previously, I made coconut&almond macaroons with a coffee/chocolate glaze and placed an almond on top. Yeah, like an almond joy but different.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I made a cake
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I made a cake
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) I'll be right over
- Collapse -
(NT) i haven't seen almond macaroons in years!
- Collapse -
easy recipe for macaroons

8 slices day old white bread, trim off crusts and slice into 4 equal pieces

dip in sweetened condensed milk and roll in coconut, you could add almonds if you wish
place on greased baking sheet
bake at 325 degree 10-15 minutes

8 slices day old bread
1 cup seetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups moist shredded coconut

- Collapse -
So how many CNET caker eaters...

So how many CNET cake eaters does it take to swipe the cake off the kitchen counter? One, me!!!!! zzzzzzzzooooooooooooooommmmmm------> out the door -----Willy Happy

Honestly, make it a humdinger of a pie next time.

CNET Forums