Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

I'm unable to access storage drives on home P.C.'s

by opiej75 / June 17, 2008 4:23 AM PDT

I've setup a home network with 2 desktops and 1 wireless connection for my laptop. I can access the shared Documents and My Documents files on both desktops but I have a 500gb RAID 1 (mirrored) drive for large file storage and when I try to access it I get a message "Not enough server storage available". I also get the same message when I try to access the second desktops RAID 5 storage
This is a NON internet connected network. I only access the internet when I use my laptop at net cafes.
When I access my network with my laptop I get the same message for trying to access the large storage on both desktops
I have full Administrator access on all systems
Equiptment list
Desktop 1
MSI motherboard K9N SLI Platinum
MS-7250 (V1.X) Mainboard
AMD Athlon X2 4400 Duelcore Processor
NVIDIA 570 SLI Chipset
2gb DDR2 800 duel channel unbuffered Memory
160gb SATA 2 Maxtor hard drive with
Windows XP Pro 64bit O.S.
2-500gb SATA Model# 2ST3500630AS
Seagate drives in a Mirrored RAID Setup

Router is a D-Link 624
DHCP enabled
WEP 128 bit security on wireless

Linkeys WRT54g wireless Printserver

Second Desktop
MSI K9N4 Ultra Model 7310 v1.x
NVIDIA 500 Ultra Chipset
Athlon 64 3800+ CPU (single core) AM2 socket
2gb DDR2 677 duel channel unbuffered Memory
Maxtor 160gb SATA 2 Hard Drive
W/ Windows XP Pro 32bit O.S.
3-Samsung 160gb SATA 2 hard drives in a RAID5 SETTING

HP Compaq Presario R3140us laptop
Windows XP Home and Windows XP Pro 32bit O.S. (2 hard drives)
Athlon 64 3000+ (socket 754) CPU
1gb DDR 400 Memory

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I'm unable to access storage drives on home P.C.'s
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I'm unable to access storage drives on home P.C.'s
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
No I have not done my homework!!
by opiej75 / June 17, 2008 5:31 AM PDT

Thanks, I'm limited on internet access and I now have a direction to take. Thanks again,MJ

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?