Computer Help forum

General discussion

I'm home, guys......

I want to thank all of you for the wonderful thoughts and prayers you sent in my direction. Forum angels are powerful assets.

A short history....nearly 8 years ago I had a quad by-pass. Four arteries down (one with two blockages). When they were replaced, one artery was replaced with the mammary artery, the other three were replaced with large vein sections from my left leg.

Artery by-passes have a normal 'shelf-life' of ten to fifteen years before they have to be replaced again...and even then if you live clean and healthy, that may never have to happen again. Veins have a lower window of opportunity...generally between seven and ten years, so they usually start watching those types of by-passes more closely. I was stretching the window already.

Last April I had a 'routine' catherization and it was discovered that two of the three veins were completely collapsed with no telling when that may have occurred. It could have been the day after my by-pass surgery. However, those two evidently weren't life threatening (makes you wonder why they replaced them then, doesn't it?). The artery and one vein left were in real good shape with no balloon or stints being needed.

Somewhere along the line on Monday night I started throwing blood clots for no apparent reason. I woke up around 1AM with the same symptoms I had with my first heart attack (the one three months before the big one that resulted in the by-pass). Pressure in my ears, down the sides of my neck, and at the throat base and cold sweats. I called the ex-husband (he was sleeping at his girlfriend's house LOL) and he came and got me to the hospital. From there, the local yocals determined that I was having a heart attack, gave me a new med called TNK that is supposed to be the new TPA clot buster, and shipped me off out of state to a decent hospital.

The clot buster med didn't work, and by 9AM I was in surgery getting angioplasty...sucked out a bunch of clots, and put in two stints for two weak areas of the vein that was in trouble. Didn't know it at the time, but the artery immediately next to the vein where they made the incision got knicked and I was bleeding out quickly.

They got that under control while another team worked on the stints, and put me in the cardiac unit with a blood transfusion among other goodies being pumped in. Unfortunately, I couldn't sit up after that for longer than three or four minutes without going out like a light and drenching myself and the bed in pools of sweat. My blood pressure wouldn't stabilize, so Thursday an ultrasound was ordered for my heart to make sure both the left and right sides at the bottom of the heart were working and pumping away since my symptoms indicated severe damage to the right side. Bells and clapping all around when the ultrasound came through with flying colors. So then it was determined that the pressure couldn't come up because the volume wasn't there....I lost more blood during the artery knick than they thought I had. So another pint of blood and two hours later and they were signing my release papers. LOL

They kept me around for another day and a half before shoving me out the door, but it was sure good to get back on my feet. I was in the same position in that bed for nearly four days and was a little crabby by that time (at least when I was coherent enough to be crabby...morphine can be a good thing for the rest of the world sometimes...too bad it can't be dispensed via the forums at times LOL).

Wanted to touch base with everybody, thank my sister for letting you guys know what was going on with me, thank you all for the kindnesses you bestowed upon her via the forum and emails you sent to her, thank Bignose (this is really Ray Harinec and a great friend of mine for a number of years, even if he tends to nag regarding my health) for keeping you all updated, and thank all the forum angels who hovered long enough to get me back here where I belong. I release them now to get to more important assignments.

Love to you all.......and don't take TNK or TMK if you need it....insist on the real thing called TPA.

TONI

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I'm home, guys......
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I'm home, guys......
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Phew! Happy to see you home with worst over. (NT)

In reply to: I'm home, guys......

Collapse -
Hooray!!! Hooray!!

I had a triple-bypass on 1997 too. Hopefully I don't have to do it again, but well... let's wait and see.

Anyway, I am glad to see you are doing OK. We missed you.

Take care of yourself and God Bless, Sis.
Frank Tran

Collapse -
(NT) Toni, Glad To Have You HOME Again !

Collapse -
(NT) Great to see you back home and posting :)

Collapse -
NT - So! All 'ANGELS' being returned? Thankful one of them is YOU.

Collapse -
Glad to see ya......0

Toooooooooo much bingo.Bones

Collapse -
Hmmm .

Enough of scaring us Wink Happy your back and hope to see much more from you. You take care of that wonderful woman YOU. rocky

Collapse -
Hope the angel

is still there by your computer. You're still the angel here. TOY

Collapse -
Re:I'm home, guys......

Wow! You have really been through a lot lately. How on earth you can remember all the details is beyond me. My name is Tom and I am fairly new member of the forum. I have been following your status and progress in the messages on the forum. You really have a lot of friends here that care about you. I myself had a triple by-pass 10 yrs ago. Thank goodness they found my blockage before I had a heart attack. So far I am doing OK. All I can say is that my prayers are with you, and to keep the faith. Take it easy until you are ready to return to normal. Any time you want to chat, just come on board and holler at us.(Just say HEY TOM, and I will respond). I am just one of the uninformed people that have to write in every so often to ask how to fix a problem. I check the forum regularly to read about all the problems and usually get my questions answered before I ask them. Good Luck and GOD BLESS! Tom...

Collapse -
you BETTER quit doing that Toni!!

I can just imagine how many cigs a day you still smoke and how many hours you go without eating anything at all cause you're spending so many waking hours on your puter trying to help other people. YOU BETTER START TAKING BETTER CARE OF YOURSELF YOUNG LADY.......and yes, I was yellin at ya. {{{{Toni}}}}

Collapse -
GREAT to have you back. We all missed you - Gene from Bradenton, Florida - NT

Collapse -
WELCOME HOME! (NT)

Collapse -
Re:I'm home, guys......

Glad to hear that you're well again. What a great Christmas and New Year's present! Didn't know that you were monitor for Computer Help. Wondered where you were the past year. Great to have you back. Make sure you don't overtax yourself---try to ease back slowly to work. Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.