Speakeasy forum

General discussion

I'm home

spent all day being prodded, poked and stuck
the bulge on spine has shrunk some so tommorow go for more mris and then we see whats next
thank you all for your concern

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I'm home
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I'm home
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That was fast!!

In reply to: I'm home

How are you feeling now, any relief? I hope so Mark
Sue

Collapse -
little

In reply to: That was fast!!

backs less swollen, legs still colapseing

Collapse -
Geez!! Mark......

In reply to: little

I hope they do something soon to help:( I don't know of anything more painful than a bad back:(

Collapse -
the back i can live with

In reply to: Geez!! Mark......

the colapseing legs the worry

Collapse -
''legs the worry''

In reply to: the back i can live with

Put down that gun and step back from the gas pipe! Happy

Remember to consult with us on SE, at least, before throwing in the towel. In the meantime, do what the docs say.
Did you think about re-doing your snake setup for wheelchair access?

Collapse -
actually i have a chair i sit on when cleaning

In reply to: ''legs the worry''

them every thing in reach when i do it

Collapse -
I can understand that....

In reply to: the back i can live with

when my sciatica is acting up my leg collapses at the knee! Always afraid that I will fall!

Collapse -
Same thing with the new arthritis in my knee.

In reply to: I can understand that....

The pain isn't bad, just surprising.

Collapse -
I am always going OH!!

In reply to: Same thing with the new arthritis in my knee.

and scaring the daughter half to death! LOL I tell her it didn't hurt just scared me!

Collapse -
I'm getting used to the occasional

In reply to: I am always going OH!!

'hot needle in the knuckle.' But my reactions must be stronger than I think, because anyone around me tends to panic. Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I know the feeling ;)

In reply to: I'm getting used to the occasional

Collapse -
Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

Collapse -
ive had several

In reply to: Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

you wont beleave it but if they blow air flow over my face i fall asleep in it

Collapse -
I found MRI's relaxing as well...

In reply to: ive had several

of course I also had a 10 mg valium to ease the involuntary spasms my back was experiencing Wink

I had a woman tell me that the only pain a man could experience that was akin to a woman having labor was a bad back. Of course I can't actually verify that but I know I spent 5 days in a row without sleep when I had the worst of it.

Hang in there Mark... this to will heal. Happy

grim

Collapse -
since i had bike acident

In reply to: I found MRI's relaxing as well...

ive had back probs:)
but as the upper part of my thorax has very limited feeling spine injury, but below waist and whatever number l somethings hurting but legs like being cut with a hot saw

Collapse -
I've had them...

In reply to: ive had several

But I never fell asleep in one. My neighbor across the street was so huge, they could'nt shut the lid on it. could not run the test. He went about 450 lbs I guess.

Good luck with your tests Mark. Hope it all goes well.

George

Collapse -
They have to do CAT Scans on me as......

In reply to: I've had them...

the filter I have in the vena cava is a metal one and would bounce all over my body:( I didn't even know what it was made of until a few years ago, Lucky I didn't get an MRI in that time!

Collapse -
I don't know what...

In reply to: They have to do CAT Scans on me as......

that is, but if its metal, I would let them know before running one. I don't know if this stent I got in me is metal or not. I tell them when going for Cat Scans & X-rays, but apparently does'nt matter.

George

Collapse -
HI George

In reply to: I don't know what...

I think the stents must be some kind of synthetic not metal. The filter I have is in the main artery and it is shaped like an umbrella to break up clots before they get to my lungs.

Collapse -
here is link to what it is:)

In reply to: HI George

Collapse -
Hmmm.... Interesting

In reply to: here is link to what it is:)

Thanks. I bookmarked that for future reference. Now I know what they were talking about when they found that clot in my lung and put me on coumadin. The clot is gone now and they did'nt do it. But, they have come up with another idea which involves placing umbrella type gagets in the upper portion of my lungs. Something brand new and funded by some foundation. Will know more about it Thurs. but I think I'm going to pass on it. Enough is enough. Too old for all this crap.

George

Collapse -
George

In reply to: Hmmm.... Interesting

that surgery really isn't too bad. They didn't even put me out for it! Kind of like having a stent put in:) And maybe since 1974 when they put mine in they have even learned how to put them in the right way! LOL! My Doctor was amazed that mine works becuae of that! The surgeon talked about taking it out, but then decided it was offering some protection:)

Collapse -
I believe the inductive heating would be worse.

In reply to: They have to do CAT Scans on me as......

They're supposed to ask careful questions, and look at your med history.

BTW the reason for the banging is that a pulsed magnet is stronger during pulses than a steady one, other things being equal. (Other things being size and cost.)

Collapse -
Well if surgery can be avoided ...

... that's a good thing. Good news!

Evie Happy

Collapse -
And the good news, folks, is that

they examined his head and found nothing. Happy

Collapse -
:) THIPPPPPPP

In reply to: And the good news, folks, is that

well got a referral for MRI, seeing an orto Dr as fluid on knee and arthritis backs better but knees giveing out still

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Hang in there.

In reply to: :) THIPPPPPPP

Collapse -
so far so good:)

In reply to: (NT) Hang in there.

have to clean apt vacum dust etc have my best friend comeing to stay a week my ex boss

Collapse -
Have a good time

In reply to: so far so good:)

but make the ex-boss do all the work! Devil

grim

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) he would if i let him:)

In reply to: Have a good time

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.