Speakeasy forum

General discussion

"I'm glad we got this straightened out"

There's humor here somewhere.......

Who am I ?

I was against the first Iraq war. I am against the second Iraq war, but I voted for it. Now I'm against it but I was for it. I support the UN. I'm against terrorism and against the Iraq war. But I voted for the Iraq war. So, I voted against the first war and supported the second war, wait.....

I'm against gay marriage but for gay unions. I support gays but think the San Francisco mayor is wrong. I support gay marriages. No, wait, gay unions.

I'm Catholic. Wait, I'm Jewish. My dad was Jewish. But I was raised Catholic. What am I? I don't want to confuse people.

I am for abortions, but wait, I'm Catholic, and Catholics are pro-life. But I might consider putting pro-life judges in office, but I'm not sure. I do know I voted for a pro-life judge, but I stated that it was a mistake.

I went to Vietnam. But I was against Vietnam. I testified against fellow U.S. Troops in Vietnam, threw my medals away and led others to do the same. But I am a war hero. Against the war.

I stated I threw my medals away then I threw my ribbons away. I then revealed that I threw my ribbons away but not my medals, then lately I stated that I threw someone else's medals away and never threw anything of mine away.

I believe Ribbons and medals aren't the same thing. Medals come with ribbons, so now I believe that ribbons and medals are the same thing besides the fact that ribbons are cloth and medals are medal.

I wrote a book that pictured the U.S. Flag upside-down on its cover. But now I fly and campaign in a plane with a large flag right-side up on it. But sometimes, we fly upside-down for fun.

Yasser Arafat is a hero and a statesman. The Israelis shouldn't kill Palestinian terrorists, but they should stop terrorism. Yasser Arafat is a terrorist supporter. I support Mideast peace.

I am for the common man. I am against the rich. But my family is worth $300 million dollars has a jet and many SUV's. I am the common man.

I am against sending jobs overseas. My wife is an heir, which 'heir-dom' has most factories offshore. I am against rewarding companies for exporting jobs, as long as it is not the 'heir-dom.

I own $1 million in Wal-Mart stock. I believe Wal-Mart is evil by driving small business owners out of town. I am a capitalist and I own part of Wal-Mart but I am a good guy for small corporate America.

I own SUV's when I talk to my followers in Detroit, Michigan, my wife's family owns SUV's, I don't, when I talk to tree hugging followers. I have a campaign jet that gets 1/3 mpg, which is great fuel efficiency.

I am against making military service an issue in presidential elections. I defended a draft dodger President and stated that all serve in their own capacity whether they draft dodger or not. Did I mention, I served in Vietnam and am a hero? Are you questioning my patriotism? I served in Vietnam.

I have three purple hearts! I am a hero. I am qualified to run this country since I served.

Who am I ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: "I'm glad we got this straightened out"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: "I'm glad we got this straightened out"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) thats an easy your a WAFFLE

In reply to: "I'm glad we got this straightened out"

Collapse -
I'm a proud veteran......

In reply to: (NT) thats an easy your a WAFFLE

...of both Korea and Vietnam, and I want to see this guy defeated !

Collapse -
im nam vet in country same time as that idiot

In reply to: I'm a proud veteran......

i allso want to see him gone

Collapse -
PS...........

In reply to: im nam vet in country same time as that idiot

I?m not pro any political party. I don?t vote any political party line. I vote for individual candidates. I will vote for G W Bush in 2004 because I don?t believe we should change administrations in the middle of a shooting war. I will vote for G W Bush in 2004 because I want to make sure J F Kerry is defeated.

As only a veteran can appreciate, particularly a veteran who has seen combat up close and personal with the enemy in a shooting situation, no ?MAN? bugs-out; dee-dee mau?s; deserts, or abandons his comrades during a fight. Vietnam was a fight. The normal tour in Vietnam was a year or so.

No ?MAN? would embarrass himself by going to an aid station for a band-aid, or for anything that a field medic couldn?t have cared for.

Kerry did all of those things.

Not only those 35 or 40 years ago, which should have been left in history except for the fact that Kerry himself came out wearing them as a badge of honor for campaign purposes, but also as recently as 2001.

In 2001 the Vietnam Human Rights Act was introduced in Congress. It tied future U.S. aid to Vietnam to the Hanoi government improving its abysmal human rights record, including persecution of the Montagnards. It passed the House with 410 ayes and only one no. But in the Senate, Kerry locked the bill up in committee and refused to allow it to go the floor for debate and a vote. In effect, Kerry killed the human rights bill.

As everyone who fought alongside the Montagnards can attest, these indigenous fighters, and their families who traveled with them, were courageous and loyal beyond doubt or question. This country abandoned them to the battle field and the North Vietnamese when we pulled out of Vietnam. And now in 2001, ?Hero? Kerry again abandoned them.

During his many years in the US Senate, Kerry didn?t think ?intelligence? sufficiently important to attend meetings. He thereby abandoned his duty to this country.

I have not been made aware of any significant piece of legislation coming out of the Congress, in all those years Kerry served, which carried his name as the sponsor.

I have witnessed his continual ?flip flop? on issues/questions during the many, many months of the Democratic Campaign, to the extent that I don?t believe he has put anything in black or white categories in his own mind, leaving everything in muddled shades of gray.

This country deserves a ?LEADER?. John F Kerry is not such a person.

Collapse -
Actually Del Kerry took care to provide...

In reply to: PS...........

safer jobs for his crew.

From his Boston Globe Biography (4th paragraph from the bottom):

Kerry's early departure meant that he was leaving behind a crew that had suffered through many bloody battles with him. Worried that crew members would be killed, he arranged for them to receive a safer assignment. When one crew member, Medeiros, tried to stay, Kerry "came and talked to me and said, `I really would like you to go. ... I'd like to know you are safe, or safer."'

I can't say it better than Now maybe this doesn?t raise question for some but I couldn?t help but wonder, how does a Lieutenant (jg) arrange to have an entire combat crew rotated out of combat before their time was up? That?s a pretty tall order to fill, especially for an officer who admits he has turned on the war. It wouldn?t seem logical that Lt. Kerry?s higher-ups would be willing to embrace his pacifism given the fact that they and the crew that Kerry was trying to rotate to non-threatening duty would remain in country unless there was political pressure asserted.

Another question that was generated was this: what would you do to help out a guy who got you rotated out of life-threatening duty in Vietnam?

Collapse -
Re:

In reply to: "I'm glad we got this straightened out"

Let me see? I do detect the faint scent of estate dog runs. Give me a minute. I know I can figure this out.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.