Computer Help forum

Alert

I'm desperate, please help.

by VaZzeLoS / May 29, 2013 12:01 AM PDT

Greetings,
To get started, i recently bought a new graphics card and a new RAM memory. I didn't install any of them myself, it was all done by the store owner.After that i've been having random BSOD's but i wasn't able to see what it was typing because my pc was restarting really fast. The BSOD was coming at random moments, and i didnt give much of a notice at it as i supposed it would be a common virus and it wasn't bothering me at a daily basis ( probably 1 BSOD per week). Then a week ago my winxp got corrupted by the BSOD's and i wasnt even able to log in, so i formatted and installed win7 ( wasn't experiencing any troubles with win7 before anyways). After that, everyday, every 30 minutes or so the bsod pops up, but in win7 i can read what is it. Problem is it changes all the time, what i mean is that its either a Syster_servive_exception or Quota_underflow or Blue_Pool_Header or even one that it doesnt type anything. Most common one is System_servive_exception.I tried updating all of my drivers, downloaded Sisoftware sandra lite and checked my pc for any ram or other issues, changed my avast! antivirus to avg and changed my ram's position to another slot. Nothing changed though, and at the time being i can't really afford to pay someone to fix it, so im counting on you to help me. I ain't a computer expert, keep that in mind. I know i have to post something related to minidumps, but i prefer to listen and read carefully your advices.Just became a member of your forum aswell, hope you can help me solve this issue. Any kind of help/suggestion is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I'm desperate, please help.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I'm desperate, please help.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: random BSOD
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 29, 2013 12:07 AM PDT

This certainly looks like a hardware issue, possibly the RAM, maybe the graphic card, maybe something else. Since you didn't tell how you checked the PC for RAM issues, all I can say is www.memtest86.com has a nice free program to test the RAM. If that fails: go back to the store and claim a warranty repair.

Kees

Collapse -
Kees
by VaZzeLoS / May 29, 2013 12:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: random BSOD

First of all thanks for your interest, yes i've heard of memtest, does it take much time to scan? As far as the warranty repair is concerned he isn't going to accept someting like that, the repair was a long time ago and he isn't going to be interested in someting like that.

Thanks again for replying.

Collapse -
Re: memtest
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 29, 2013 12:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Kees

I'd run memtest for a night. It works while you sleep, can you think of something better?

Kees

Collapse -
Kees
by VaZzeLoS / May 29, 2013 1:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: memtest

I've searched all over google for possible solutions, but yeah ill run memtest. By the way, what are all these kernel codes and errors i've been reading? They have to do with my BSOD issues.

Once more thanks for your interest.

Collapse -
Re: solutions
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 29, 2013 1:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Kees

The usual solution for defective hardware is to repair or replace it, depending on what's wrong exactly. And google can't do that for you.

Those codes and errors might point to a cause, but not always.

Kees

Collapse -
Those random errors point me to hardware issues.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 29, 2013 12:08 AM PDT

Since you replaced video and ram, did they upsize the power supply to handle the new equipment?

Did they replace all heatsink compounds and check that everything was buttoned down? Or do you do your own work?
Bob

Collapse -
Bob.
by VaZzeLoS / May 29, 2013 12:49 AM PDT

Thank you for replying bob, i didnt replace the video and the ram myself, he just told me that i had to get new ones, told me which ones he could install and i told him my current ones ( nothing special, a 2 gb ram ). As for the heatsink compounds i have no idea, i'm sorry but i'm not a pc expert.
Thanks for your interest once more

Collapse -
Btw
by VaZzeLoS / May 29, 2013 12:54 AM PDT

By the way, i just got another BSOD named critical_structure_corruption 0x109 is the stop code.

Collapse -
Keep in mind that codes don't lead you directly to a fix.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 29, 2013 1:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Btw

When you get a collection of codes like this, this is often the sign of a hardware issue. If it was only software then it's most often the same error or errors. As you have many different codes that points us to hardware again.

As to the not being a PC expert you find yourself learning such or paying someone to resolve this. Heatsink compound is pretty cheap compared to a shop charge.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.