Speakeasy forum

General discussion

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :))

by Glenda / May 29, 2004 11:03 PM PDT

Arrived last night at 9:15 PM Happy
Had the most wonderful time! Evie & Hubby are the best hosts I have ever seen! Had a FANTASTIC time! They took me all over the East coast:) In to NYC, Ground Zero, A lot of tears over the site:( Overwhelming to actually be there!
We must have walked at least 15 miles all over the city:) Took the subway for the first time ever! Met some really nice helpful people in the city:) New Yorkers are very nice people, contrary to all you hear:)
met Evie's Boy's, Chobie & Pupitz Happy Amazing that they loved me immediately! Woke up with Cho staring me in the face one morning:) He thought it was time for me to wake up!!!! LOL
Sat on the back deck of Evie's porch and watched Hummingbird wars! LOL And the beautiful Finches are little piggies:)
Evie and I cooked up a storm and had a great time in her kitchen! LOL She had to buy a new freezer to put all the food in we cooked together!!! Her Hubby insists I have to fly back every 3 months to make him Mexican food!!!! LOL Would be nice if I could:)
At 11 PM Jim was eating her stuffed cabbages:) He say's next time I go visit I can't leave him at home,
Evie and I pigged out on a 10 pound Lobster and did some serious damage:) LOL I rolled to the airport!!!
Missing them both already!!!
Glenda

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :))
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :))
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Welcome home!
by Cindi Haynes / May 30, 2004 4:07 AM PDT
Collapse -
Same from me Glenda - Glad you're back safe and well NT
by SteveGargini / May 30, 2004 7:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Welcome home!

NT

Collapse -
Thank you, Cindi & Steve..............
by Glenda / May 31, 2004 1:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Welcome home!

I had a wonderful stay! My visit with my Son & his family was just fantastic, and it was great to see my Son and Evie's Hubby getting along like old friends:)
We stayed long enough for Evie to meet the Grandkids and went to Bradley's track meet where he beat his time by 26 seconds:) Was a great visit!

Glenda

Collapse -
New Yorkers...
by Charlie Thunell PL&T / May 30, 2004 8:57 AM PDT
"New Yorkers are very nice people, contrary to all you hear" - Glenda

See, we are nice people! Not that I've ever heard of New Yorkers being rude or bad people... Where did you get that from? From day 1 here in NYC I've been trated very well by the people. No problem at all here, no matter where I've been around; downtown, Coney Island and the projects in Brooklyn (Hope you did visit Brooklyn and the Italian part called Bay Ridge and had a REAL Italian Pizza!), Harlem, The Bronx, Upper East, Upper West... Any place in NY is a good place with good people! Good people get in touch with good people! Those giving respect, get respect here!
Collapse -
Re:New Yorkers...
by Evie / May 30, 2004 10:17 PM PDT
In reply to: New Yorkers...
Not that I've ever heard of New Yorkers being rude or bad people...

Have you been living under a rock?

Where did you get that from?

It is the quintessential stereotype of New Yorkers Charlie. As with most/all stereotypes it is flawed, but that doesn't change it. In my experiences the people we came across on this visit were more friendly and helpful than I have previously encountered (enough so to notice), although I can't recall any NYC experiences that fit the stereotype of overall rude behavior.
Collapse -
Re:Re:New Yorkers... Thank you, Evie.............
by Glenda / May 31, 2004 1:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:New Yorkers...

I was trying to ignore his attempt to start another flame fest! Your answer was indeed what I was thinking! Good job:)
In actuality, Charlie is the model of what I thought of as New Yorkers! Just from his actions in SE Sad

Glenda

Notice he wasn't wishing me well!! LOL

Collapse -
Thank God you have Evie...
by Charlie Thunell PL&T / May 31, 2004 3:33 AM PDT

LOL! HappyWinkSadSad

Collapse -
Re:Thank God you have Evie...
by Glenda / May 31, 2004 3:42 AM PDT

Yep! Thank God for Evie:) Without her reply you would have been ignored:) Don't get upset now Charlie, Just joking here:)

Glenda

Collapse -
Who's being rude now?
by Charlie Thunell PL&T / May 31, 2004 3:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:New Yorkers...
"Have you been living under a rock?" - Evie

No. In NYC... You on the other hand by asking me if I've been living under a rock seem to fit the stereotype pretty well... Maybe it was meant for the dominant classes of CT when they're here visiting. So to all those who find a rude person in NYC, ask where he/she is from and I can almost guarantee you that he/she is from CT! LOL! Wink It's a joke so just stay calm, Evie!
Collapse -
or just has the initials CT?
by Evie / May 31, 2004 6:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Who's being rude now?

Charlie, your reply to Glenda was rude.

Collapse -
NT - Which one?
by Charlie Thunell PL&T / May 31, 2004 7:28 AM PDT

`?:-):-(:-(;-);-(

Collapse -
Re:Glad you got back home OK, Glenda and
by Rolway / May 31, 2004 6:24 AM PDT

had such a wonderful time here in New England and NYC. Evie must really know her way around NYC. New Yorkers are basically very nice people. Its those dive bombing pigeons they raise down there that I don't like. Happy

George

Collapse -
Re:Re:Glad you got back home OK, Glenda and
by Glenda / May 31, 2004 6:27 AM PDT

LOL good thing I missed that attraction:) I did however get dive bombed by hummingbirds at Evie's house!!! I think they wanted us further away from their feeder:)
Was also nice to meet you and your wife, George:) That was a very nice extra:)
Glenda

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Glad you got back home OK, Glenda and
by Rolway / May 31, 2004 6:54 AM PDT

Yes, the Wife and I enjoyed meeting with you and your daughter inlaw too. Short visit but a nice visit.

Maybe those New Yorkers have toilet trained those pigeons down there. Long time since I was down there, We used go around yelling "incoming, don't look up" Happy

George

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.