Windows 7 forum

General discussion

I LOVE Windows 7

by bryguy178 / March 1, 2009 11:49 AM PST

who else loves windows 7? to put it into perspective i like vista and windows 7 kicks vistas A$$

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I LOVE Windows 7
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I LOVE Windows 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
me 2
by C_Jones / March 3, 2009 12:21 PM PST
In reply to: I LOVE Windows 7

Yeah, I love it too. When USB 3 comes out, I'm going to build a whole new computer with Win. 7 and USB 3, it'll be a beast of a computer...

Collapse -
Uhmm
by FrankQC / March 4, 2009 8:51 PM PST

You should write that in the "Windows 7 beta testers, how do you like it and why?" thread.

Collapse -
Windows 7
by RonS [WINDOWS-TEAM] / March 10, 2009 4:46 AM PDT

Hi bryguy178,

That?s great that you?re enjoying the Beta. What kind of a rig are you running it on? What kind of computing are you doing on it?

Cheers,
Ron
Windows Outreach Team

Collapse -
Since you're on the Windows Team...
by FrankQC / March 10, 2009 7:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Windows 7

I've been running it on my Dell Latitude D630 laptop. 2GB of RAM, 2.4 core 2 duo processor and the hard drive is 5400RPMs. I've been using VMware Player to virtualise Windows 7 and to my amazement has been running very fast.

I did a stress test to check Windows 7's speed. I ran Windows Vista Enterprise (main), Debian Live (VM), Windows XP Professional (VM) and Windows 7 Ultimate (VM). My hard drive worked 100% and Windows 7, out of the other three being virtualized, worked the fastest. Windows XP went into a halt and Debian Live was just a little slow. I was amazed to see Windows 7 managing its resources correctly.

And yes I am aware that your question has been directed to bryguy178, but still. Since you're in the Windows Team you might as well know how the product is going. Happy

Collapse -
Hi FrankQC and orlbuckeye
by RonS [WINDOWS-TEAM] / March 18, 2009 6:33 AM PDT

Hi FrankQC and orlbuckeye,

Thanks for the info, guys. I?m always down to hear what systems people are trying Windows 7 on, it?s part of the fun about doing this. I?m actually running it on a Dell M1330 laptop and seeing pretty nice results ? haven?t been running it on any of my other rigs yet.

FrankQC ? sounds like you put it through some pretty good ?real-world? paces, glad it?s keeping up with you.

Cheers,
Ron
Windows Outreach Team

Collapse -
Question about Windows 7
by FrankQC / March 18, 2009 6:40 AM PDT

I heard that Windows 7 will focus also on parallel computing i.e. virtualisation. Is this true?

It would be fun to have an operating system that focuses on what I like to do. Vista is alright but since it hogs a lot of resources and hard drive you're restricted as to what you can virtualize.

Collapse -
Questions about Windows 7
by RonS [WINDOWS-TEAM] / March 19, 2009 7:06 AM PDT

Hi FrankQC,

While Microsoft hasn?t really came out and said much in this area, there has been some talk going around. I?d recommend keeping up with the Windows 7 Team blog here for the latest: http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/default.aspx.

Anyone else want to share what systems they?re running Windows 7 Beta on? Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Ron
Windows Outreach Team

Collapse -
Runs well here...
by John.Wilkinson / March 19, 2009 9:15 AM PDT

Though considering it is a self-built AMD PhenomII quad-core with 8GB of RAM I am really not surprised. Wink

On the other hand, nice to see it runs better than Windows Vista on an older Pentium 4 rig with 512MB of RAM and integrated graphics. Still not quite as fast as Windows XP on the same machine, but not a significant difference either.

-> Feedback already submitted through Connect.

John

Collapse -
I'm running Windows 7 on a
by orlbuckeye / March 11, 2009 4:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Windows 7

Sager laptop with a single core Pentium M 2.0 processor with a ATI radeon X700 and 2 gig of ram. I have it running on my other laptop on SUN virtual xVM. I have allocated 20 gig of space and 1 gig of ram for the virtual machine.

Collapse -
Love at first sight
by RealBigSwede / March 24, 2009 4:28 AM PDT

I now have run the Win& and I must be honest IT IS THE BEST DARN OS TO DATE!!! I Think Microsoft is getting a real perl here. This they should have done after XP. But I still like the vista, but this OS kick ***!!
Thanks MS this is what we have been waiting for.
Yours, RBS

Collapse -
Love at first sight
by RonS [WINDOWS-TEAM] / March 26, 2009 4:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Love at first sight

@RBS,

Are you running the 32 or 64-bit? What are you running it on? Let me know, I?m still interested to see what kind of results people are getting with different machines.

Cheers,
Ron
Windows Outreach Team

Collapse -
My rigs
by RealBigSwede / March 27, 2009 6:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Love at first sight

Hi Ron,
Lian-Li 1200 (server case)
DFI LanParty (2 lan, high def sound by Realtek)
Intel Q6600
8 Gigs DDR2 Gskill Pi series
XFX DTX280 (1gigs), XFX 8800GT (512mb)
21 inch Tatung monitor
8 WD hard drives (Total 3.25TB)
2 DVD HP 1040 DL
Koolance 720 Watercooler

Running: 64 bit, Win 7

Collapse -
(NT) I like your RAM
by FrankQC / March 27, 2009 6:25 AM PDT
In reply to: My rigs
Collapse -
Thanks Frank
by RealBigSwede / March 27, 2009 6:28 AM PDT
In reply to: I like your RAM

Thanks My MB can't take more. Later I will upgrade the MB and CPU and I will get 16Gigs DDR3, More is better...hehehe

Collapse -
Ah
by FrankQC / March 27, 2009 6:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks Frank

What do you do on your computer that requires you to have that much memory?

Collapse -
@Frank
by RealBigSwede / March 27, 2009 6:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Ah

I love to play the games on top res and I do some Home Video editing.

Collapse -
@Real
by FrankQC / March 27, 2009 6:32 AM PDT
In reply to: @Frank

Ah that would explain it.

I'd run a few operating systems on that. Depending if my video card can handle it.

Cool cool. Is it HD editing? Silly

Collapse -
@frank
by RealBigSwede / March 27, 2009 7:04 AM PDT
In reply to: @Real

not yet. My camera can't do it. But the nex will be an HD camera. Plus I love to wach movies on my computer in HD.
As I said I have always believe that, more is better. I have almost always hade max ram that I could squeze in to a MB. I hade the first hacked computer that had 4 megs sims, in 1989, You should have seen the inside of the computer it had so many wire it looked like a crows nest.. Me and some of my fellow hackers (Then a hacker was a good guy). We has hacking motherboards and other hardware to get them to work faster and get more out of them, like more memory and so on. It was a fun and exiting time. and buy did we go thru hard ware most of the time we get them direct for the companie and some even gave us them for free and if we did somthing to speedup or something that would help them we send it bash or we send then a file, Internet hade not realy started up called up an BBS (BulletinsBoard) No tollfree numbers. but we hade an 9600Buard modem. WOW!!

Collapse -
i am using kmplayer in windows 7
by shubhamsmartguy / April 18, 2009 5:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks Frank

i am using kmplayer in windows 7..its d newest version of kmplayer...
and when i installed it...it said.."class not registerd"

whenever i open any file in kmplayer..it alwaz raise this pop up..."class not registerd"

nd then plays the video/audio file..

help me

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!