Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malwareand save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
* Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
* Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
* When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
o Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
o Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
* Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
* If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
* Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
* If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates,
manually download them from here
and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer,
copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes'
Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
On the Scanner tab:
* Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
* Then click on the Scan button.
* If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
* The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top.
It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
* When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully.
Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
* Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
* Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
* The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,
you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process.
Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately.
Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
Does the scan come up CLEAN ?
Download: avast! uninstall utility
How to uninstall our software using aswClear.exe:
1. Download aswClear.exe on to your desktop
2. Start Windows in Safe Mode
3. Open (execute) the uninstall utility
4. If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)
5. Click REMOVE
6. Restart your computer
Download AVG 8 FREE from here:
Does it now install?
Window XP Home Ed. Ver.2002 SP3
Each time I attempt to install AVG it goes all the way to the install bar but I get an error message setup window stating ("Something bad happened in the application. Error diagnostic file saved to the 'C\DOCUME~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\avg8inst.err') I looked for this file and I can't find it.
I un-install Avast, Spyware Terminator and disable Windows Defender Firewall. I've tried different thing for several months now but nothing is working.
And I can't get my user name and password to work on the avgfree site even the one they emailed to me.
Can anyone help?????