Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

i installed xp 2

so far i see an improvement on speed seems faster apps open run quicker

all my games run and proggys run as well

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: i installed xp 2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: i installed xp 2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) We can help you fix that.

In reply to: i installed xp 2

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) no need to bob lol thanks for the laugh

In reply to: (NT) We can help you fix that.

Collapse -
Re: i installed xp 2

In reply to: i installed xp 2

Two of the programs listed on the MS site as ones that may not or won't work after SP2 is installed are ETrust (my antivirus program) and Pinnacle Studio 9 (don't use the program itself, but it has the drivers for my capture card). I'm hesitant to install SP2, which I've downloaded already, until I can get to those two sites and see if there are patches out for them yet or simple fixes.

TONI

Collapse -
Re: i installed xp 2

In reply to: Re: i installed xp 2

well i use avg and it works Happy

Collapse -
Re: Here is...

In reply to: Here is...

well i got lucky allready useins za 4.5, and yahoo imsHappy

Collapse -
Me too...

In reply to: Re: Here is...

Yahoo IM runing flawlessly.

I don't use Zone Alarm nor any firewall softwares, I have a router.

Regards,

Collapse -
I found on the CA website

In reply to: Re: i installed xp 2

A matrix of programs VS what SP2 fixes there were-the block for my ez antivirus said no worries, I've had SP2 on that box for over a week, EZ av works fine,Auto D/L is fully functional, scans work just like pre SP2- the pinnacle is another matter- I have had nothing but trouble with anything pinnacle since W2k Pro, If someone says there will be problems- That just about guarantees it, maybe yours has worked due to driver only mode-best of luck in the future...

Collapse -
Re: I found on the CA website...thank you

In reply to: I found on the CA website

for the heads up about ETrust....I'll head on over there and check it out.

You may be right about the Pinnacle thing. I used Dazzle for a while as my capturing device and it installed Studio 8. I used both Studio 8 and 9 later as the capture program and although the results were good, I wasn't crazy about the fact that it didn't automatically split large movies into pieces that would fit on one or two cd's like PowerVCR does as its capturing. I wound up having to install a separate program to split the file in order to burn it later.

Dazzle worked well with PowerVCR for me, but I am even more impressed with the Pinnacle AV/DV card and the results so I finally dismantled the Dazzle from the picture and boxed it back up as a backup for later or to hook up to my backup computer system instead.

I used my ATI AIW 9700 Pro card too at one point for my capture, but in order to get the file split for burning (it also captures as one large file), I would have to manually be there to stop the vcr tape and the capture program, and then start it back up where it left off. But the picture quality was wonderful....

I've gone off on a tangent here.........sorry.

TONI

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.