General discussion

i held a 14 foot boa today

wow hes a huge friendly guy my friend brett has several biggys but this ones a gentle giant.
i held him while brett cleand the gage that is over 12 ft long 5 ft deep and 3 feet high.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: i held a 14 foot boa today
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: i held a 14 foot boa today
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
And you're now much taller? How's the back,

that's a lot of snake to be slinging around.

Best wishes, and a certain amount of envy,

Rob

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) heck i was sitting in a chair not evan try to lift him
- Collapse -
I DIDN'T hold a 14 foot boa today...

...but many years ago I did get to feel one. Twice, actually... once when we went to a science museum with live exhibits, and once when a gentleman gave a lecture at the elementary school.

Angeline

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

- Collapse -
just remember this you havent

been hugged till your snake hugs youHappy

- Collapse -
Glad it was a friendly Boa Mark-they can kill in seconds

or so my friend told me, about his 12 foot python.
They wind themselves around the head and break the victims neck in a matter of seconds apparently.
The boa must kill in much the same way.

- Collapse -
well i wasnt alone

and snakes dont break bones the constrictors kill by sufication. when there prey exhales the snake constricts more so you cant inhale, plus your heart stops.
its very fast , no one should handle a snake over 8/10 ft long alone.

- Collapse -
Yep! that's what he said about his python

I think I got it wrong about the neck, on second thoughts I think he said that the snake grabs the prey by the neck, then does what you said.
He did say that life is lost very quickly, probably from the heart stopping.
They used to care for a disabled girl, who was wheel chair bound, and one day when I went to their place about something, I noticed she wasn't there. They owned the 12 foot python at that same time. Sad

- Collapse -
What kind?

That sounds big for a boa, even a Redtail? Could it have been a python of some type like a Burmese?

- Collapse -
yup my bad

was a small burm as my friends has 10 non hots, plus around 7 hot:pygmy rattlesnake, several coperheads, and a cotten mouth

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Just a little over half grown huh?
- Collapse -
yup

but what a sweet heart it never tried to really constrict.
max is not for every one its fun NOT cleaning out the poop, you think a horse was there but with it eating a huge rabbit 1 a month.
thats why i held him cleaning cage no fun

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I always thought Boa's go to 30 foot Mark
- Collapse -
nope was my bad

and max is a so evan tempered snake
in the summer we take him out to the yard let him cruise the yard the squirles complain

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Only pythons get that big
- Collapse -
So it seems Clay - and the Anaconda

If you look in the records there is a lot of controversy over which snake holds the world's record for massive size. The dimensions that have earned the anaconda the title of king is its total body mass or its weight (the sheer physical bulk of it). The other snake that competes with the anaconda is the Asiatic Reticulated Python (Python reticulatus). The python holds the world's record for length of a snake, with the longest ever measured at 33 feet. Even though the longest python is longer than the record-holding anaconda, the girth of the anaconda is far bigger. Anacondas in the jungles of South America can grow as big around as a grown man - big enough to swallow a grown man whole!

Anaconda amd python

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Longest recorded Anaconda still under 30 feet
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) What it lacks in length is made up for in bulk

CNET Forums

Forum Info