The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

I haven't listened since 2005

I sorta missed BOL for 2006. I started listening in the summer of 2005, and I started again this year. Things have really livened up! The last time I listened was when Google Book search came out, and they were threatening to take it down. Anyways, It's good to be back.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I haven't listened since 2005
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I haven't listened since 2005
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
so...

In reply to: I haven't listened since 2005

so what have I missed? lol.

Collapse -
hard to explain...

In reply to: so...

what did you miss? gas pies, interviews, bol, t/m/v disappearing for some random reason, bol, veronica's tivo, molly's moto q phase, bol, generic show, spectaclefest 2008, special calendar days, bol, episode 300 (400 is coming up! yay!), fabulous prediction show (twice), molly's baby...

and tech news (if you haven't been keeping up, that is :))

...anyone want to add to this summary? Grin

Collapse -
You couldn't be more complete

In reply to: hard to explain...

However i will add CES, apple rumors, more drm, the gootube deal, macworld (i'm not sure), Molly's mysteriously long desappearence in Hawaii this december and Angry Tom (It is impossible to pass it out)!!!, and in the sad ones; James death.

+ the ones totosquirt said

I guess that a very complete sumary

Collapse -
Google internal Linux distribution

Goobuntu? Goobuntu!

Check for it by name in your podcast listings ^_^

Collapse -
lol

In reply to: Google internal Linux distribution

I didn't said goobuntu, i said gootube, refering to the time when google was going to buy youtube and Molly (or was it Veronica) said that google should call you tube "gootube" (I think it is correctly spelled)

However i did not include the google linux distribution in my short summary

Collapse -
Goobuntu

In reply to: Google internal Linux distribution

I remember Goobuntu from 2005, I think..

Collapse -
Oh... My God.

You forgot to mention the most important event of 2006. Perhaps, one of the most important events of this century.

Snakes on a Plane.

Collapse -

In reply to: Oh... My God.

Maybe I listened more than I thought I did.. I remember all of these things. I kept up to date on the newsletter, but didn't listen to any of the podcasts. forgot to mention that, so maybe I didn't miss as much as I thought.

Collapse -
:@

In reply to: I haven't listened since 2005

You haven't listened since 2-0-0-5?!
I almost fainted. Start listening now, hey perhaps you could beat the back-to-back BOL record. I think it stands at 8 hours. With over a year's worth of BOL, you stand a strong chance.

Just kidding. Please don't attempt this at all, it may destroy your social life and your health too. Also, your cheek muscles will ache.

Collapse -
(NT) and your ears wil burn

In reply to: :@

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.