Computer Help forum

Resolved Question

i have windows 7. i am getting a popup on outlook express

I have windows 7. I am getting a popup on outlook express that tells me I am not allowed to "FORWARD" anything unless I upgrade Word. I have word 2010. Has anybody had this problem before. Help!

mikeysmessage48 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: i have windows 7. i am getting a popup on outlook express
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: i have windows 7. i am getting a popup on outlook express
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by mikeysmessage48

Collapse -
Wait a second. Outlook Express on Windows 7?

In reply to: i have windows 7. i am getting a popup on outlook express

How did you get that on 7?

One odd idea is to configure OE to not use Word. Here's how.

"Select Tools | Options from the menu in Outlook.
Click on the Mail Format tab.
Make sure the Use Microsoft Office Word to edit e-mail messages checkbox is NOT selected."

Collapse -
Thanks for the info

In reply to: Wait a second. Outlook Express on Windows 7?

Hi R. Proffit,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. As it turned out, my friend was using a SP that originated in Fairpoint, Maine (I live in Florida - he and his wife are snowbirds :-). Somehow, when he first got the service, the original technician up there messed up the settings and his e-mail was "Bouncing" off of of Outlook. So, I called the SP and found out that he had to establish an e-mail account through them, which we did. Upon bringing up the new account, Everything from the Outlook account had been transferred and he was able to forward e-mails and was happy. No More OUTLOOK! Just an original technician that set up his system and didn't have a clue as to what he was doing :-). Very strange though!

Anyway, I did want to take the time to Thank You for your advice. I'm sure had I gone in that direction it would have worked also. Have A Great Day, R.

MIKEY

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.