General discussion

I have very specific needs - and a budget of

I need to buy a new laptop ASAP, and i'm a little bewildered by the various options. Every laptop I look at has some things that I really want, and a few features I am keen to avoid. Here is what I am looking for:

Price:Under

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I have very specific needs - and a budget of
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I have very specific needs - and a budget of
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Might not be made yet.

I'm finding some that will not tolerate even the slightest warm spot on the laptop surface. A cool in temperature laptop on all surfaces is not something I've found yet.

Your post shows that you may have to wait a little longer for this machine.
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: Might not be made yet.

I don't necessarily need it to stay freezing cold to the touch, i just mean that i would prefer a laptop that doesn't heat up too much, particularly on the underside. Surely some of them are cooler than others?

- Collapse -
Sadly not today.

Unless we move to the slower 1.xGHz CPUs and never use a dedicated GPU and even then I'm finding warm spots on the machines. This means that not a single machine can be found that owners that want it without a warm spot can be found.

I've only been through some hundred models over the last year so we may have to wait for a model to show up that can sate this requirement.

Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info