Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

I have tried in two different forum and can't proff read it

before you summit because it Say's page is lost. I tried in PC utilities and the newbies forum. I am putting that in a folder to try later. I did write a e-mail to the help desk.
now the question for here is I am perty sure it is not a virus because it would have alert me. the avast virus scanner does not have a way to copy the results of a scan in less you do it right after a scan and the computer rebooted before I had a chance. so I copy a line to ask you about there are certain archive it cannot scan it is unable to. this is one of the lines I could not figure out I just like to know what it could not scan on this line. C:/.../{39c72-4919-b8e9-0047acd9f5e296. I don't think you need any information this time on my computer to answer that question. I will say my computer is a HP windows vista

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I have tried in two different forum and can't proff read it
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I have tried in two different forum and can't proff read it
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Unscannable files..

In reply to: I have tried in two different forum and can't proff read it

Collapse -
I went to there site and look and found the new post but

In reply to: Unscannable files..

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=help;page=post#newtopic

this is what happen I could not figure where to post so I went to there help and this is where it to me and I could post there. I click perview 1st that did not work. I click post amd that did not work and it had certain buttons to push and that did not work can you take a look see and maybe you can see what I cannot fine. this is the question I was asking there.

when I was told about your site I kept fining real old post a few years back but they were on the topic I want to start with witch was it not being able to scan passwords protected files and I no the answer to that now. I could not fine where to post new post so i went to help and it broght me here.
when I scan right after wards I can fine and copy past the scan if I need to. of I don't do it then i cannot fine it again to do it later.
I am a member of a group called windows live witch I am still learing how to ask question there. when asking questions there you of corse have to give them the information they need so they can help you and I could not copy paste the last scan because I could not fine a place to where I could copy to be able to send to windows live Forum moderator. they are the ones I got this URL from. CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE TO FINE IT? I also cannot belive how long the scan take and how long the copy paste is when I copy paste right after I did a scan.
next question is this. I always click menu and mark check mark where it says local disk as will as click menu again and mark folders. I am not sure if I am doing it the right way. AM I?
I like avast scanner, but it is a lot different then what I am use to. sham1313 here is the site http://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=help;page=post#newtopic
Collapse -
Did you register first?

In reply to: I went to there site and look and found the new post but

Sharon..

Are you sure you registered first? After registering you should have received an email, which would have included a link. Clicking the link allows you to activate your account. Login and then choose the forum you wish to post. It's most likely "avast! 4.x Home/Pro".

If you want to start a "New Topic", click on the "New Topic" tab, which is a little way down on the right-hand side of the page. Or if you want to add to an existing thread, go the thread and click on "Reply", at the top of the thread. You shouldn't have a problem.

The link you supplied in your post is part of their "Help Section". It's only an "example" and not where you would post. Try following the above instructions and see if it helps.

Carol

Collapse -
I don't seem to be thinking lately!

In reply to: Did you register first?

I have had to register a lot on a lot of pages lately and I should have relized that. thanks Sharon sham1313

Collapse -
(NT) No problem! We all have those days. ;)

In reply to: I don't seem to be thinking lately!

Collapse -
it won't let me register

In reply to: Did you register first?

now what to I do? I will send you the URL so you can see where I went to register. I filled in every thing and click register and nothing happen. it was just like trying it with out registering, but this time that is what I was trying to do was register. here is the registry site.
Like I said I filled out the form and click register and nothing happen at all.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=help;page=registering#screen

Collapse -
You have the "wrong screen" to register........

In reply to: it won't let me register

that is the HELP screen.

Go UP at that screen to REGISTER at the top where you can see:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Collapse -
I am so lost on the top of the pg's I see this

In reply to: You have the "wrong screen" to register........

Hello sham1313 April 16, 2009, 09:42:24 PM
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
Total time logged in: 57 minutes

that makes me thing I have already register. but I have had to register at so many sites lately I am not sure if I have or not on this site., but if I am why can't I send I am don't to see any thing like welcome guest in less it was on the help page. I fell a 3 year old kid would have had it figured it out by now (smile) sharon

Collapse -
Sharon. Give this a try..

In reply to: it won't let me register

Sharon..

I had the same happen to me, when I originally tried. Go to this link. At the very top of the page, it says "Welcome, Guest. Please login or register". Click on "register". It will bring you to a page, which looks like this. Do you see the area I underlined in red? Clicking on "register" will take you to the correct page. I don't think you'll have a problem from thereon in. Wink

Carol

Collapse -
THIS is what I have done so far I click the 1st (this link)

In reply to: Sharon. Give this a try..

and I think that is the page I am on then I click the secon and I see the one you underline. I am going to send you the url I am at because it look like I was on this pg. I have that browser up as will as a few others. if that is the place I am suppose to be I don't see where it say welcome gues but I well keep looking thanks for every ones help Sharon sha 1313

Collapse -
One more time..

In reply to: THIS is what I have done so far I click the 1st (this link)

Collapse -
I will keep trying I well let you know when I fine it(smile)

In reply to: One more time..

both of the site that you sent I see no welcome guest any where. I well fine it. I just don't know when. My husband would tell ya some times the simplest thing that should be done just like that seem to be extra hard for me. but I am no quiter. mike says that is why I get main control of the computer because he could not do it. he finished school and I did not come close witch I could kick my self now. thanks Sharon

Collapse -
I found it I click log out and I found the right page

Thanks Sharon

Collapse -
you are going to love this

I was already a member. I try always to use the same login name. and when it said the user name was already taken I tried just logging in and I got in. but that put me right back where I was at the start it would not summit for me. maybe I can fine the right page now to send the question. 1st I have to rember what I named the notepad that I have the post already typerd. thanks Again Sharon

Collapse -
All's well that ends well! ;)

In reply to: you are going to love this

I believe this may be a copy of the post, which was in Notepad. The one you can't remember the name of. Wink If not, happy hunting!

Furthered good luck..
Carol

Collapse -
According to what you wrote Marianna you are registered!

In reply to: THIS is what I have done so far I click the 1st (this link)

Collapse -
not sure if I should ask you or Marianna Schmudlach

In reply to: According to what you wrote Marianna you are registered!

I keep doing other things and coming back to the avast site. I seem to only fine the help page that will let you type in it but does not send because it is the help section. any other times that I have been on a help page and see what the pages should look like. it does not let you do any typing on that page at all. if you try it will popup and tell you that it is just the help site. I fill so stupid. I can fine old and new questions. they say to look at the top or the bottom of the page and you well see where to post. at the top of each page it does say hello Sharon. I ware glasses but did not think my eyes should be that bad with them on. it is about 4 or 5 days now and I have a copy of the post I want to send. I just cannot fine where to post it. if you decide not to try to help me again I understand because this forum answer a lot of question and don't have a lot of time to spend on each one. thanks for all your help. sense I am not sure if I would even get your reply because I am not sure I am tracking this discussion any more. I always keep a few Cnet post in a bulelight mail folder. this is how I got back to you.
thanks again. Sharon shamm1313

there is a question I keep asking and don't ever get a reply that has to do what happen when I click preview. witch is I try to start a new paragraph like the word there I click the space bar 5 or 6 time before I type that word. after I click preview there are no paragraph. all the lines are even. the space I put between each paragraph is right just not put the paragraphs like I did them.

Collapse -
Sharon....

In reply to: not sure if I should ask you or Marianna Schmudlach

To go to the Avast forum > click on this link:

http://forum.avast.com/

At the top - You will see: "Welcome Guest", click on please login

IF your question for the Avast forum is a "general" one - post in:

{b]General Topics

Click on: General Topics > look to the right and click on: New Topic

You fill in the : Subject

and then start writing in the text box underneath the smilies.

As you are done > click on "preview" before you click on "post"

there is a question I keep asking and don't ever get a reply that has to do what happen when I click preview. witch is I try to start a new paragraph like the word there I click the space bar 5 or 6 time before I type that word. after I click preview there are no paragraph. all the lines are even. the space I put between each paragraph is right just not put the paragraphs like I did them.

You have to click on enter to get a new paragraph.

Collapse -
Thank you!!!

I had a lot of computer lately and things are looking up.because I have got a lot of help from these forum's. I just hope soon I can post my question to the pc utilities forum. I thank you and will take a little look now and in the morning spend some time there. I just got att yesterday and all I had for a long time is a crappy real crappy dial up. thanks again Sharon sham1313

Collapse -
(NT) You're welcome, Sharon. Good Luck!

In reply to: Thank you!!!

Collapse -
While I am waiting for a answer from you and 2 other forum

In reply to: I have tried in two different forum and can't proff read it.

I like to ask another question to you please answer at least this one, what does Cnet stand for. I know I found your site when I did a Google search on looking for free teg computer help and that pulled up windows live group. that had cnet at the top of almost every page.
My husband just ask me what it stood for. he knows I have got a lot of help from this site. for many different problems and I know cnet does a lot more. I just did not have a answer because at the bottom right hand Conner's it says about cnet. all it says is all the different things it does witch is a lot more then I realize you did. Cnet or Windows live has help many many many people. I thank every one that help me,and I know I well be sending in more question I need help with yesterday. how ever it was the only time I ever tried to proff read or summit and it would say site is lost. what I wrote in the last post was about the site that has a lot of help for me but some reason it just would not even try to download the next page I click. I cannot see to fine out what the letter Cent has to do with windows live group. also what does Cnet stand for? I hope you can understand the reason I like to know what Cnet stands for!
Sharon sham1313

Collapse -
While you are waiting........

and I did not see Carol around today, I hope, this is what you wanted to know:

CNET Networks

CNET Networks, Inc. was a media company based in San Francisco, California, United States. The company was co-founded in 1993 by Halsey Minor and Shelby Bonnie. It was acquired by CBS Corporation in 2008 and its properties were merged into CBS Interactive.

More here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNET

Collapse -
Mostly yes

In reply to: While you are waiting........

I thank you!!! I know some more about and the net of Cnet must be network, but what does the C stands for?
thanks for your reply Sharon sham1313

Collapse -
Well. it could be....

In reply to: Mostly yes

Collapse -
Thanks !

In reply to: Well. it could be....

that makes sense
Sharon sham1313

Collapse -
I should have look a bit more!

In reply to: Well. it could be....

I just found this. thanks you

Acronym Definition
CNET Computer Network
CNET Communication Network
CNET Centre National d'Etudes des Telecommunications
CNET Chief of Naval Education and Training
CNET Commander Naval Education and Training (US Navy; now Naval Education & Training Command, NETC)
CNET C|net the Computer Network
CNET Computers, Networking and Electronics Technology (Ashtabula County Joint Vocational School and the College Tech Prep Consortium)
CNET Chief of Normalized Transmissions
thanks Sharon sham1313

Collapse -
(NT) Mit tiefer Dankbarkeit!

In reply to: While you are waiting........

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.