Speakeasy forum

Praise

I have to say, I'm surprised no one has commented on

by Ziks511 / October 20, 2012 2:01 AM PDT

Malala Yousufzai. The 14 year old girl who was targetted by the Taliban, and the other two girls on the bus who were also wounded.

"LONDON - Doctors treating 14-year-old Pakistani shooting victim Malala Yousufzai say she is able to stand with help and to write, though she still shows signs of infection.
"Dr. Dave Rosser, medical director at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, said Friday that the girl is "well enough that she's agreed that she's happy, in fact keen, for us to share more clinical detail."
"Rosser said the infection is probably related to the track of a bullet which grazed her head when she was attacked by Taliban gunmen.
"Because of the infection, Rosser said, "she is not out of the woods yet."

Now it may seem puzzling that a girl shot with a 9mm pistol at close range did not sustain more devastating injuries, but there is a great deal of home-made weaponry floating around the area. These are weapons which look right but are made by Peshawar and Swat valley gunsmiths. They even make Peshawar made AK-47's.

Heaven knows I am happy that she was not wounded worse than she is, but I worry about the infection. At least she's in Birmingham, Eng. I hope her family and the other girls and their families are moved there as refugees, because the Taliban has promised to kill everyone connected with the school she was attending.

Rob

Please understand that I limit my time on SE, otherwise I might go as crazy as some others. Please excuse me if I missed a previous post about her.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I have to say, I'm surprised no one has commented on
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I have to say, I'm surprised no one has commented on
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
what can be said
by James Denison / October 20, 2012 3:11 AM PDT

Other than a hope she lives and improves. Also a hope they find the one or ones responsible and punish them.

Collapse -
(NT) I wish her the best, as I wish every woman&child in Pakistan
by grimgraphix / October 20, 2012 3:15 AM PDT
In reply to: what can be said
Collapse -
No no James,you don't punish the Taliban....................
by Tony Holmes / October 20, 2012 4:51 AM PDT
In reply to: what can be said

you terminate all of them with extreme prejudice !!

The tactics they use are taken straight from the playbook of Khmere Rouge and NVA from 50 yrs ago "To keep you is no benefit. To destroy you is no loss."

It's hard to make a modern liberal realize that there's no amount of negotiating or diplomacy that will have any effect with these animals unless they've puked after witnessing the horror.It just can't be done!!!!!!

You can try,but you will not sway them from their mindset which is to silence you.

It kind of reminds me of a quote from the first Terminator movie which applies exactly:

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKbZMIP4XUE

Laugh if you wish but it's the truth.

Collapse -
If only we could be rid of them permanently
by James Denison / October 20, 2012 5:22 AM PDT

Evil people deserve an evil end. That's in Proverbs.

Collapse -
(NT) Please explain how you kill them without collateral damage.
by JP Bill / October 20, 2012 5:24 AM PDT
Collapse -
There's the rub
by James Denison / October 20, 2012 7:08 AM PDT

They hide behind women's skirts when any real men come around.

Collapse -
You only have the result you want to achieve,
by JP Bill / October 20, 2012 7:50 AM PDT
In reply to: There's the rub

not the solution.

I suggest one way is to help the women in those countries stand up to being oppressed, by their husbands and males in general.

Collapse -
(NT) I agree
by James Denison / October 20, 2012 8:06 AM PDT
Collapse -
Some things speak for themselves
by Steven Haninger / October 20, 2012 3:44 AM PDT

These are the kinds of incidents that validate the decision to go after people like these and to not stop until the job is finished.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.