Laptops forum

General discussion

I Have NOOO Clue please.. help.

by RckGuiGrl / November 7, 2008 2:41 PM PST

first is way first... i have no clue how to use a computer all i really know is how to get on the internet. write. edit my pictures. and listen to my music.
i HAVE NO CLUE what any of this giberish means only like gigs.. and thats for storing info... rite. hahaha
i curently split my computer with my dad... which is just annoying and nossy cuz he just looks up wat i was doing on the computer.
what i really need in this laptop:
A. a really good privacy setting not only from my dad but for reasons B and C. so no eles can see whatsa goin on.
B. i can RECORD the music on it... idk how to do this if it can be even a setting on the computer or a whole different thing all together. i no my cuzin he records his music from his keyboard onto his computer. and i would really like to do that. and just be able to take it to my band practices and not have to carry so much tab music and try to remeber everthing eles! ( if it comes with a band setting ie the apple that would make it the BEST!!)
C. im also currently writting several books at this time. so i really do need the space storage for TONS of writing!!
D. Pics.. i take at least 200 a month... more even sometimes. it really just depends. but my dad says its eating up to storage on the computer. and he might delete them all. =( (is it possible to have a printer hooked up to my future labtop and able to print pics and everything eles? i no stupid question)
E. MUSIC!! i have tons and tons of music that i would like to listen to during my free time! but as said before my dad is hesitatne to put more music on this comptuter bc its running out of space..FAST. i would really like to put my WHOLE music collection on it to. it would be at LEAST 150gb of music... maybe even more. sorry. i really need my music.
F. it also needs to be able to run on a chargealble battry for at least 5hr!!! this is main bc band practices last for along time.
G. it also needs to be internet able too... which i think ALL these laptops have..

but those are my main pritorties with getting a laptop. i really dont have a set budget. but im not willin to spend a ton on this thing either. i also have to pay for it by myself bc im not goin to college any time soon so my parents r'nt willin to help. =/
idk the MOST i would EVER spend is like 3000... but if u really do insite that i should get something thats alittle over it, give me a good reason.

also even though this says laptops.
if u know anything about cameras.. i DO really need a new one. i abuse the hell outta my little digital=O not saying i dont love it. i really love it!! its pratical for like taking pics at school or just chillin. but when i go to aqurimus i can NEVER get a good shot. and i just get flustered. and all that comes out is this ball of light. grr. idk just somthing thats like idiot proff and i can easily adjust the settings for it would be really good too.
camcorder.
my camera at this time has a vid. setting its just when i use it it takes up alot of space and it doesnt record sound.. poo. which i would really like to take vids of my crazzy friends and i when we go down to disney this coming spring. and for other special events. and to record us playing for band.
mp3 player.
i no.. wow. but really i have NO clue what in this world i should really get. i had an ipod at one point then the screen litterally exploded... the ink inside went everywhere on the screen!!! and i cant use it =( which really sucks bc i like my music.and i tried exchanging it but they said no bc they thought that i did it on purpouse which really just ticks me off. so im looking for an MP3 player. which can hold at least over 100gb of music somewhere in the 200 500 dollar price range. ( thats the same as the camera and camcorder.)
if the camera and camcorder come together and cost alittle bit more than my 500 dollar price range i would look into it... less things i can lose! haha

thanks ALOTS!!
love
~~~SARA~~~

if u want to talk more this AIM me at RckGuiGrl.

THANK U!!!
i cant say it engough
o and if u re[ly to this... please dont use compter talk like 29u3429uosjld i really have no clue wat that is. so please try to explain to my mental self what it means. thank u!!
thank u!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I Have NOOO Clue please.. help.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I Have NOOO Clue please.. help.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A couple tips (and you may not like them)
by Steven Haninger / November 8, 2008 12:22 AM PST

It's probably not wise to invite contacts outside of forums though Cnet is, IMO, a better one.
The mention that you'd only spend a maximum of $3000 dollars on a computer because you aren't going to college and your parents won't help you is a real problem. Most young folks aren't going to have that kind of money to spend on a laptop so you need to count yourself lucky. You can get a very decent laptop for 1/2 of that amount. If you want added privacy, you might want to look into those kind that have fingerprint readers such as from Lenovo. It can be set to know you by your fingerprints. You can take some of the savings and just get a large external hard drive for storing pictures and music. These laptops can come with hard drives over 200 gigabytes which, in simple terms, means they can hold many thousands of tunes and pictures. External hard drives can be many times larger than these. You just rotate your tunes between the laptop and external. After you've finished listening to 10,000 or so tunes and and are getting tired of them, just exchange some with what's in storage.

I'm really hoping you find a way to think better of your parents, however. Most...believe it or not...don't get jollies from harassing their kids. In fact, it's a pain for them to feel the need to do so.

BTW, I'm a parent. So, if you want to blow this off, that's your choice.

Collapse -
well danke
by RckGuiGrl / November 8, 2008 11:00 AM PST

thank u!!
i really do love my parents their the best. their just.. agh. but i no they do it cuz they care.
im just saving up my money. and i want to get this by myself instead of relying on my parents to help me pay for it.
but thank u very very much

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?