Computer Help forum

General discussion

I have limited acces to wireless connection

Hello everyone,
I have been changing my anti-virus to symantec yesterday
It has been successfully installed,after that i find out that my Internet connection failed down and limited access alert showed up and i could not connect to Internet since that time
I use New windows vista and one more thing that my another computer connect to network as well as always
What could the problem be?

Thank you very much in advance

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I have limited acces to wireless connection
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I have limited acces to wireless connection
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Typical Norton POS. . .

In reply to: I have limited acces to wireless connection

You need to go over the firewall settings.

Collapse -
sorry

In reply to: Typical Norton POS. . .

I'm too naive at this kind of information
Could you please explain me what should i do exactly?

Collapse -
Go back to what worked.

In reply to: I have limited acces to wireless connection

Don't think about it. Get moving.

Collapse -
sorry

In reply to: Go back to what worked.

I'm too naive at this kind of information
Could you please explain me what should i do exactly?

Collapse -
"I have been changing my anti-virus to symantec yesterday

In reply to: sorry

"I have been changing my anti-virus to symantec yesterday"

Uninstall that and go back to using what you had before.

Collapse -
I did that

In reply to: "I have been changing my anti-virus to symantec yesterday

I did that but it doesn?t work yet!
I tried that without any antivirus too, still nothing!

Collapse -
Here's one more thing.

In reply to: I did that

Collapse -

In reply to: Here's one more thing.

I reset those Internet Protocols but still no hope Sad
Thank you for letting me have your advises, I really appreciate that
Could I do anything else in case of my problem?

Collapse -
Next a test.

In reply to: ...

You will have to go to some free wifi hotspot to see if it's your machine or the wifi router you are trying to use.

-> We do have a forum sticky in our Networking Forum about preferred router setups.

Why it matters -> If you elected to use WEP or no security there is an EXPLOIT that does not have anything to do with virus, trojan or your machine at all (confused yet?) but has everything to do with someone hijacking your connection to the router. This issue is making owners poorer and tech support send out more troops.

Bob

Collapse -
What Norton product are you using?

In reply to: ...

Hello amir4barca,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team responding to your posting.

Can you let me know weather or not you are using Norton AntiVirus, Internet Security or Norton 360?

There is no firewall included with Norton AntiVirus, but Norton Internet Security and Norton 360 do contain a firewall that may need to be reconfigured.

If you are using Norton Internet Security, first make sure that the Windows Firewall is disabled, as the Norton Firewall will handle this for you and you never want to have more than one firewall operating at the same time. There is the possibility that you need to configure the Norton Firewall to "trust" your network. Please follow the steps in the following document for instructions on configuring your network if you are indeed using Norton Internet Security.

Thank you,
Mike

Resolve Network connectivity with Norton internet Security

Thank you,
Mike

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.