You might try the ZoneAlarm manual removal instructions below. (A HINT: In order to get a correct uninstall of ZoneAlarm, and most firewalls, make sure that it's not running at start up before using the uninstall from "Add/Remove Programs".:
1. Open the ZoneAlarm Pro program, go to the OVERVIEW >>
PREFERENCES tab, and make sure the Load At Startup box is UNchecked.
3. You should now have no ZoneAlarm/ZoneAlarm Pro processes running on your system.
4. Now run Start, Programs, Zone Labs, Uninstall. Be sure to say YES to delete all files, and you MUST allow TrueVector service to shut down in order to remove files.
WARNING - Do NOT run the ZoneAlarm Uninstall program while in Safe Mode. The program may not be able to make the proper registry changes in Safe Mode, thus generating errors after a reboot.
6. To make sure that you can see the ZoneAlarm/ZoneAlarm Pro system files, if they are still on your computer:
a. Right-click on Start, then left-click on Explore. When the Windows Explorer panel appears:
- In Windows 95,98,and NT: Click View>Options (in Windows 98, this will be called "Folder Options"). Click the "View" tab, then click the "Show all files" radio button.
- In Windows ME, 2000: Click Tools>Folder Options. Click the "View" tab, then click the "Show hidden files and folders" radio button.
b. Make sure you also UNcheck the box to "Hide Protected Operating System Files" if you have one.
c. Click OK.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Making modifications to system files may disable crucial functions of your Windows operating system. We strongly
suggest re-enabling the "Hide files and folders" feature once all ZoneAlarm/ZoneAlarm Pro files have been removed. See the following web page, and verify that the files and folders are removed:
7. Click on Start, then Search or Find, and select Files. Make sure that the location box is set to search your local hard drive (usually C or All Local Drives.
Type the following exactly - delete any folders found:
Type the following exactly - delete any files found in \Windows or any subfolder below it, or in your \Temp folder):
Type the following exactly - delete any files found in any folder with "Programs" in the pathname):
Type the following exactly - delete any files found in the registry:
Some that could be in the registry:
Open the Internet Logs directory (in 95/98/ME this will be "c:\windows\internet logs", in NT and 2000 it will be c:\winnt\internet logs, in Windows XP it could be either of these folders). If you need to keep a copy of old alerts, copy the ZAlog.txt file to another location first - then delete ALL files in this folder.
8. Make sure your Recycle Bin is empty (right-click and select (Empty).
NOTE: If you received an error message upon deleting the files, or if the original programs remain in the Programs list, or if the problem persists after this, removing the files in Safe Mode will allow you to delete the files properly. If you need further help with this, please reply to this email keeping all text intact as we do not archive previous emails.
Now you should be able to get a clean install of the new version. Be sure to NOT use the old settings as this can cause further difficulties if the database is corrupt.
Hope this helps.
When I tried to uninstall my free version of ZONEALARM, a firewall utility, which I had just updated on my Dell Inspiron 3500, running Windows 98 2nd ed., with all the latest updates from Windows. I continually get a message saying another setup program is running. Now I can not remove Zonealarm, as well as install my Norton Antivirus 2004 Professional. How do I stop a run away set up program? I have tried the Add/Remove in Control Panel and Zonealarm's own uninstall option. I think that this is the basis of all my problems. Can anyone help? I have gone through all of the Symantec web site's antivirus tests and they have shown nothing as well as ScanDisc and DiscDefragmenter giving a clean bill of health. Everything else seems to be fine except for this.
Any help would be greatly appreaciated,